• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Thanks, Sharon!

The range of Schomburg's work is so neat...the variety of his different artistic styles is pretty remarkable. (And this doesn't even touch on his late 40s airbrush covers...which I would love to get started on, someday!)

Thanks a lot guys. :foryou: The early DCs are definitely some of my favorites.

I should probably add a disclaimer at this point, that some of these look better on camera...quite a few actually are ".5" or 1.0 books for one reason or another! But it doesn't keep me up at night, especially with the really early & scarce ones. I'm thrilled to own them in any form.

I've got a couple shots left to get to...ducks, LB Coles, ECs, & a number of miscellaneous books. Will try to add them in the next few days.

Hey folks, I've got a few more group shots loaded up. Hope you enjoy!

GA Detectives & Batmans...

75364.jpg

Superb set of comics!!

posted in the WW thread, but since I have not been posting many books of late, I got motivated to take at least one shot

sens17-2.jpg

Such a great set Rick! I'd love to get the #1 and #7 from you one day. :wishluck:

posted in the WW thread, but since I have not been posting many books of late, I got motivated to take at least one shot

sens17-2.jpg

Such a great set Rick! I'd love to get the #1 and #7 from you one day. :wishluck:

if I sell them, will be as a group of 7 (thumbs u

sens17-2.jpg

Gee thanks......

:sorry:

100k in business doesn't buy you the special treatment it used to anymore I guess.....

:cry:

sens17-2.jpg

Gee thanks......

:sorry:

100k in business doesn't buy you the special treatment it used to anymore I guess.....

:cry:

the optimum word was "if" :baiting:

i don't collect the star titles, seem more like centaurs anyway, or the feature funnies, as nowhere in that lineage is there a s'hero appearance, but i am after all the rest of the cheslers. now missing only a dynamic and a punch. i've shot the group with the holes in the appropriate place.

cheslers.jpg

i don't collect the star titles, seem more like centaurs anyway, or the feature funnies, as nowhere in that lineage is there a s'hero appearance, but i am after all the rest of the cheslers. now missing only a dynamic and a punch. i've shot the group with the holes in the appropriate place.

cheslers.jpg

Yow!! That is one heck of a group shot Billy (worship)

cheslers.jpg

I love this group shot thread so much. It's always fun to see a bunch of GA books together. Great grouping, Billy - I have a smattering of Cheslers - some of the most outrageous covers of the GA. :applause:

cheslers.jpg

I love this group shot thread so much. It's always fun to see a bunch of GA books together. Great grouping, Billy - I have a smattering of Cheslers - some of the most outrageous covers of the GA. :applause:

if that smattering contains a dynamic 8 or punch 12, have i told you lately by just how much you are my favorite boardie?

if that smattering contains a dynamic 8 or punch 12, have i told you lately by just how much you are my favorite boardie?

Sorry Billy - My Dynamics consist of 1, 12, 14, 18 through 23. My Punch issues are 1, 10, 21, 22. The Punch 12 is one of my favorite covers and the Dynamic 8 ain't too shabby either. I've seen those issues turn up occasionally (metro has a low grade restored Punch 12 right now). Are they that difficult to find or are you shooting for a certain grade?

I will be on the lookout - Being your favorite boardie does have a somewhat perverse appeal hm:kidaround: