• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

before they all disappear

as8sc_zpsdfad7ef7.jpg

Can I have one since it is a dead title? :wishluck:

the title is generally dead, but issue 8 is on the rise big time! (36 not too shabby either)...

..... All Star can never be dead...... maybe sleeping, a victim of ignorance..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And thanks to Dave and John, I was able to add these DD issues to my growing Lev Gleason collection

SilverStreakandDDset_zps33f42ce3.jpg

Those are such great books, Bill. Enjoy the SS 8!

Here's a pic for the group shot thread.

mmcGroupshot_zps85a660d2.jpg

This and RHG's Detective group shots are some of the most impressive and aspirational I've ever seen posted here. I've never been able to fathom why the market can value a single key book (Action 1, Tec' 27, Marvel 1) 30-50 times as highly as any other book in the run. A deep, high grade run like this, which takes at least a decade to put together, is so much cooler and more impressive to me than a single #1, which might have been acquired with no more effort than it takes to write a check. It takes so much more passion and dedication to build a collection like Timely's.

Thanks for the kudos! It has been a long journey collecting these books, a task that I started 12 years ago in 2001. I still need a few issues and there are a few I'd like to upgrade eventually, but I think I've got at least another 12 years to get that done. :wishluck:

This and RHG's Detective group shots are some of the most impressive and aspirational I've ever seen posted here. I've never been able to fathom why the market can value a single key book (Action 1, Tec' 27, Marvel 1) 30-50 times as highly as any other book in the run. A deep, high grade run like this, which takes at least a decade to put together, is so much cooler and more impressive to me than a single #1, which might have been acquired with no more effort than it takes to write a check. It takes so much more passion and dedication to build a collection like Timely's.

Thanks for the kudos! It has been a long journey collecting these books, a task that I started 12 years ago in 2001. I still need a few issues and there are a few I'd like to upgrade eventually, but I think I've got at least another 12 years to get that done. :wishluck:

:golfclap:

before they all disappear

as8sc_zpsdfad7ef7.jpg

Can I have one since it is a dead title? :wishluck:

the title is generally dead, but issue 8 is on the rise big time! (36 not too shabby either)...

I need one :baiting:

Something to be proud of for sure West :)

I hope I'll beat you to it with my own little quest of a high grade run of Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 1-30. I think I'm 60% there after about the same time.

Since I was able to pick up Silver Streak #8 from my pal Larry at last weekends' BBQ at Todd's house, I thought a small group shot of the three issues I have was in order

SilverStreakset_zpsd14e0e5e.jpg

:cloud9:

Awesome books! The 6 is one of my all time favorites and you just can't beat those Claw covers, all classics!

Since I was able to pick up Silver Streak #8 from my pal Larry at last weekends' BBQ at Todd's house, I thought a small group shot of the three issues I have was in order

[font:Times New Roman]Droolworthy! [/font] smiley-excited002.gif

[font:Times New Roman]Double Droolworthy! [/font] smiley-excited002.gifsmiley-excited002.gif

wonderful trio!

:applause: very nice Bill, you have been on quite the roll lately (worship)