• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I just added the one on the left this week.

The 2 raw copies are missing the middle 3 wraps (bummer).

get-attachment.aspx_zpsnh3sitpe.jpeg

Beautiful, what are the odds that both incomplete copies are missing the same wraps? That is just crazy. :ohnoez:

Beautiful, what are the odds that both incomplete copies are missing the same wraps? That is just crazy. :ohnoez:

These thick old "1 staple" comics simply couldn't hold their pages if they were read. It doesn't ever surprise me to see GA comics missing a CF, but it is a little strange that they're both missing the middle 3 cf's.

I'm tempted to crack open my slabbed copy to get some copies of the interior Cf's.

22401129729_cb27ef06d5_b.jpg

I have never read a couple of these. Always fun to find a new Barks' story. :banana:

The Disney books have such a timeless, classic look :luhv:

They really do! And one thing you can tell about most old Disney comics: all of their previous owners loved them to pieces!

The cover is whats its all abought and you got 3 (thumbs u

we all buy the books for the cover and the number? or ac least i do. Great shot and great books.

doubles.jpg
Just saw this and wanted to add my :applause:

Me too. That is an extremely cool table of funnybooks right there.

While spending last weekend in Oklahoma City for OAF-Con I had an interesting conversation with a board lurker.

He asked me how much enjoyment I could get out of a collection made up entirely of slabs.

He thought since I generally post stuff in holders that that was all that I collected. Au contraire mon frere!

Here are a few...

groupshot1.jpg

Picked up the Foxhole 4 in Baltimore out of one of Marc Nathan's boxes.

I have been looking for a nice copy of that book for the last twenty years. Super geeked about that one.

The Liberty 15 came from a boardie at San Diego last year. It is a really cool cover. I had never seen one before and it just grabbed me.

The same thing happened with the Real Clue. Bought a collection about ten years ago that had a beat copy.

I fell in love with the cover and started looking for a nice one. I lucked into two in the last couple of years. It isn't a rare book.

I gave one to a friend as a present. Ah, the gift of comics!

Anyone who likes sci-fi should check out the ACG title Operation Peril.

The series contains mostly war stories but in the middle of the run (issues 4 - 10 or so) there are a group of incredible outer space and monster covers.

The issue pictured is #5. A super-cool book.

We bought a near complete collection of ECs through the store about nine months ago.

250 or so books, almost all well read, a small handful restored, a great batch of affordable books for inventory.

Except one...Haunt of Fear 17. For some reason that one book survived in absolutely gorgeous condition.

I have a few slabbed Gaines books but not that one. My second favorite Ingels cover behind 18.