• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,325 posts in this topic

Fantastic Fears!

One of my favorite series of Precodes. Title shortened to simply Fantastic for the last two issues due to the incoming heat of the Code.

Favorite issues are:

5 (Ditkos early story "Stretchy Things")

6 (awesome cover and papercutter story).

987CEEE1-884B-46D8-82DF-55088DE53450_1.jpg

For a while I have thought that fantastic fears 5 and voodoo 8 would make great bookends. Great collection of books.

23052809831_b46f430e07_b.jpg

It's easy to find books by Barks' but they have been well-read. Here are the first 16 stories but I am missing a few covers.

Very cool group! I have a copy of #35 (2nd row on the left with Huey, Dewey & Louie in the fridge) & I just love the cover. The refrigerator brand is "Phreezo" & for whatever reason that just cracks me up every time I see it. The happy looks on the nephews' faces & typical angry Donald are great too.

It's easy to find books by Barks' but they have been well-read. Here are the first 16 stories but I am missing a few covers.

Very cool group! I have a copy of #35 (2nd row on the left with Huey, Dewey & Louie in the fridge) & I just love the cover. The refrigerator brand is "Phreezo" & for whatever reason that just cracks me up every time I see it. The happy looks on the nephews' faces & typical angry Donald are great too.

I cringe at the idea of children sleeping in a frig but I don't blame Barks. He didn't do any of the covers until much later I think.

Love those Cold War comics BB, Frank participated in WWII but not sure whether he made it into the spy world of the fifties.

22850902049_91bb602521_b.jpg

20269849306_4a4b6d3537_b.jpg

I think Frank was on the wrong side for a while but he saw the light and helped the Allies when they needed it.

Edited by BB-Gun

I cringe at the idea of children sleeping in a frig but I don't blame Barks. He didn't do any of the covers until much later I think.

lol