• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Ummmmm, just curious as to why some scans are different sizes and others have different background colors.

I too have been wondering why everyone suddenly suspended their disbelief just because a few scans of some beat up old comics got posted. What exactly does that prove, other than the fact that someone has some old comics or some scans of old comics?

Yeah - where the pic of the box it arrived in and the UPS tracking number? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Tim - you still think this is Zaid messing with us?

Nah, eBay ID mpancoast has a comic listed.

Ummmmm, just curious as to why some scans are different sizes and others have different background colors.

Some of the differing scans were books belonging to a longtime lurker. But most of the OP's scans were on a white background and the shading may have been due to scanning quickly and leaving the lid up? confused-smiley-013.gif

Right... disregard the red-background 'Tecs. Those were from a different collection, different poster.

i've sold alot of stuff on ebay, i'm better grading higher grade stuff than lower grade, being as lower grade is alot of times a matter of opinion (but then again so is higher grade). The lower grade items i probably won't grade but will list with as much description as i can to give people the most information possible.

my first ebay auction with this lot has some problems with the photos so i'll be doing web hosting in the future in order to give a larger look at the books.

I too have been wondering why everyone suddenly suspended their disbelief just because a few scans of some beat up old comics got posted. What exactly does that prove, other than the fact that someone has some old comics or some scans of old comics?

Yeah - where the pic of the box it arrived in and the UPS tracking number? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Tim - you still think this is Zaid messing with us?

See, Darth, THIS guy is a salesman. Regardless of whether he actually got the books from an uncle who got them from an old lady who found them in her handbag after being abucted by Nicaraguan peanut farmers or not, he's got a story, he's got the nerds by the short curlies, and now he's selling the goods!

For that, he has earned the Ultra-Rare Illiterati Semi-Prostration of Approval: hail.gif

yea, donnelly i'm guessing owned some...wonder if a white eraser would remove that

No, no, no!!!!

You would be only slightly worse off if you set them on fire! foreheadslap.gif

yes, i do like selling, i like going overboard with ebay descriptions also, because there's nothing worse than someone coming to you later and asking why you didn't mention this that or the other concerning an auction. However, the Uncle story is true, i thought this would be the best place to post the find and I wanted people on this forum to share in the discovery.

i've sold alot of stuff on ebay, i'm better grading higher grade stuff than lower grade, being as lower grade is alot of times a matter of opinion (but then again so is higher grade). The lower grade items i probably won't grade but will list with as much description as i can to give people the most information possible.

my first ebay auction with this lot has some problems with the photos so i'll be doing web hosting in the future in order to give a larger look at the books.

So you already have some up? What is your seller ID?

Exactly. Sharks were smelling blood, but now they're angry the buffet's been closed.

Look at all the lurkers this board always has... some may be board-shy, but many are sharks that are always circling.

I'd bet this guy's PM mailbox is full of offers from people we've never heard of before.

As he is a newbie, he owes this board nothing. But if he was a regular, it would be nice to see books offered to interested listmembers at fair prices. If I was the recipient of a comic windfall that I didn't want for my own collection, I'd offer them to fellow members at fair prices first. flowerred.gif

The again, with an attitude like that, is it any wonder why I'll never be a BSD? tongue.gif

I said early on i thought it was a BSD messing with us. I might have even said esquire but not searching the entire thread to find the post.