• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

that was a sarcastic statement, thus the little face...like i said i'm going to keep a few cgc'd as my payment. By the way i'm not exactly rolling in wealth myself , not that it matters, so it's the have not much helping the have not.

I've already spent over $100 of my own money just getting these things ready to sell, plus it's my wife's (mine) ebay account and paypal account the money will be coming into and out of so relax, all is right with the world.

that's what i was thinking...i'm sure everyone is assumed a liar unless proven otherwise, especially on ebay where people charge $40 shipping for a pack of post-it-notes.

"Liar" is a little harsh. You have to understand, we've gotten played here more than a couple of times.....so lets just say we reserve a healthy dose of skepticism until the goods are produced. And you shouldn't take it personally in the least.

REd

the amount of comics being sold are dwindling fast, i hope my uncle understands

This statement makes me want to puke. Your uncle is unemployed and poor, and he sent the books for you to sell, so be a 893censored-thumb.gif man and sell them.

Please tell me this was tongue in cheek.

I've already spent over $100 of my own money just getting these things ready to sell, plus it's my wife's (mine) ebay account and paypal account the money will be coming into and out of so relax, all is right with the world.

Let's just say I'm glad I'm not your uncle. foreheadslap.gif

the amount of comics being sold are dwindling fast, i hope my uncle understands

This statement makes me want to puke. Your uncle is unemployed and poor, and he sent the books for you to sell, so be a 893censored-thumb.gif man and sell them.

Please tell me this was tongue in cheek.

Sorry, but I have seen this kind of BS before, where someone offers to sell something, and... then POOF, a lot of the stuff mysteriously disappears.

When you do it to a stranger it's bad, but to a family member?

If you were my uncle you would have sold them yourself...and he's not dirt poor, he's presently unemployed with no pension but he does own his home, so he's not living in a maytag box.

How's that hole you're digging yourself?

didn't even notice my post numbers.

for those interested in the books, seems to be a few, and not to cut out anyone on getting a good deal, i'll be putting them on ebay. I have an account there with 100% feedback and been selling antiques and other stuff there for quite some time so it's probably my best bet to make the most money I can. I'll probably be starting with the chewed up ones if anyone wants to try their hand at restoration. I should probably post any details in the buy sell forum. I'll post some more scans today just trying to sort out what's CGC worthy, not too many really.

893naughty-thumb.gif You should give some of these GA board members who have helped you the last day the opportunity to buy some books. On the other hand since you don't know much about comics, maybe your descriptions will be poor and they will go cheap.

What planet do you come from? insane.gif

FRom the one that likes to aggravate old people like you divad poke2.gif

I hope he gets a million bucks for them and not one tan and brittle BSD gets a book.

If you were my uncle you would have sold them yourself...and he's not dirt poor, he's presently unemployed with no pension but he does own his home, so he's not living in a maytag box.

How's that hole you're digging yourself?

I think i see China

that's what i was thinking...i'm sure everyone is assumed a liar unless proven otherwise, especially on ebay where people charge $40 shipping for a pack of post-it-notes.

"Liar" is a little harsh. You have to understand, we've gotten played here more than a couple of times.....so lets just say we reserve a healthy dose of skepticism until the goods are produced. And you shouldn't take it personally in the least.

REd

You never know Brad it might really be FFB in disguise, he mysteriously hasn't chimed in here yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Just messing with you krighton. stooges.gif

Hi Scott. hi.gif

I'm sure Krighton's uncle will get more money with his nephew selling them on ebay than if the uncle sold them to a LCS or attempted to evaluate & sell them through want ads or some other means.

I'm sure Krighton's uncle will get more money with his nephew selling them on ebay than if the uncle sold them to a LCS or attempted to evaluate & sell them through want ads or some other means.

Even if Krighton keeps half of them.

Of course, ASSUMING he actually sells the comics. Someone like Metro might lowball, but they'd never outright steal books.

I also have a personal tale in the same vein, as one of my sister's in-laws was in charge of selling off some estate antique furniture at auction, and miraculously, the thieves (one family) just stole all the stuff and never told anyone.

The entire family found out later, and what a shatstorm that was..

Gypsys, tramps, and thieves

We’d hear it from the people of the town

They’d call us gypsys, tramps, and thieves

But every night all the men would come around

And lay their money down

Very Cool....congrats on the first one.

Now post away and wait for lowball offers.

So what's the count on lowball offers prior to your ebay listing????

I see Joe's point. Good Kharma is essential in life, with family friends and just in general.

If you're going to keep a few, pay your uncle the estimated value minus your commision. You'll still end up with a few nice books and some cash in your pocket. The look on your Uncles face when you send him a "BIG" check is worth it all.

Can we please keep the ad hominem attacks to a minimum? I would like to see the rest of the books. I know plenty of forum members have done their best to drive this guy away by calling him a liar, a scammer, and now a thief, but it's pretty clear he has a thick skin and isn't going to take the bait. Can't ONE DAMN thread in comics general remain civil for more than a page? 893censored-thumb.gif

Can we please keep the ad hominem attacks to a minimum? I would like to see the rest of the books. I know plenty of forum members have done their best to drive this guy away by calling him a liar, a scammer, and now a thief, but it's pretty clear he has a thick skin and isn't going to take the bait. Can't ONE DAMN thread in comics general remain civil for more than a page? 893censored-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif