• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

He was going to take them to a local shop and sell them outright...thinking comics were only worth face value...imagine how much beer bellied local shop owner would have given him for the books. He's going to get a large check, that much is assured, actually several since i'm going to send him some every month.

Ummmmm, just curious as to why some scans are different sizes and others have different background colors.

I too have been wondering why everyone suddenly suspended their disbelief just because a few scans of some beat up old comics got posted. What exactly does that prove, other than the fact that someone has some old comics or some scans of old comics?

Well, if you have no ulterior motive other than enjoying seeing some cool covers...

Enjoy it for what it is.

Truer words..truer words.

And my thoughts exactly. Be this an early aprils fools gag, or an "I got a box of comics thread" done right. At least it has been fun to see all the books.

I have not had the time to read all the thread, but did you take before photo of the box, and what it looked like when you opened the box for the first time?

Just curious.

Ze-

batman66.jpg

I'm in the market for a Batman # 69 which you listed as being in the box. I got you on watch on eBay so I don't miss it. How's that one looking if I may ask? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif The books in the box are in the grade I'm looking to get that book in.

This has been a fun thread and there are quite a few books you've shown that should do well on eBay. Despite what some said about the books because they are low grades (interestingly, these were folks who, to my knowledge, don't even own a single GA book screwy.gif), there are plenty of buyers like me looking exactly for those copies and that competition leads to nicely sustained prices. Plus you've got some of the coolest BLBs in that stash - Shadow, Flash Gordon, ...

For how many times I have dreamed going through such a box, living it vicariously through you is a treat. thumbsup2.gif

kidding around doesn't translate well in forums, especially with people that seemingly have a violent temper. Yes i was joking..

So try selling a few books and then buy yourself a sense of humor.

Telling everyone you're going to rip-off your unemployed, pension-less uncle is NOT funny. Trust me on that... NOT FUNNY.