• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

I started ending my auctions on sat or sunday becasue they were pulling higher amounts. I think weekend is better as more people can get to computer and arent at work. Not all of us (shh my boss dont know) can get on the computer at work to bid on ebay stuff. Just my 2 cents. thumbsup2.gif

maybe i should post the canceled checks that i send to him...

Maybe you should give me his phone number. 27_laughing.gif

Keep blabbing all you want, but your previous "joke" ( yeahok.gif) comments about ripping off your uncle has painted a pretty clear picture of who we're dealing with.

You should be ashamed acting the way you do in public...trying to bully and browbeat this guy...saying he's going to rip off his uncle.

WTF are you talking about? I NEVER said he was ripping his uncle off, HE DID. Look it up.

But naturally, after he gets called on it, he first tells us "that a comic store owner would rip him off MORE", "my uncle ain't exactly living in a Maytag box", and then later the oh-so-obvious "I was only joking" when no one bought that line of BS.

It's all there to read.

If he had never mentioned scamming his retired uncle, you would have never heard a peep from me - I just can't stand thieves and I never will.

I know people may be frustrated by my slowness in regards to putting these things up for sale. If this were my primary job (and i wish i were able to sell comics for a living) then the speed would definately increase

Well, You could stop posting here so much, list the books on Ebay and provide us with a link. confused-smiley-013.gif

But then you would miss out on your daily browbeatings.

Ze-

He was going to take them to a local shop and sell them outright...thinking comics were only worth face value...imagine how much beer bellied local shop owner would have given him for the books. He's going to get a large check, that much is assured, actually several since i'm going to send him some every month.

Joe is a and always will be a so dont pay him any mind.

At least I'm not using the old "sure I'm ripping him off, but a comic dealer would rip him off MORE!!" excuse.

You people seriously make me want to puke.

wow, never used the term 'rip him off', look it up...i said i was going to have to explain to him that i was becoming attached to the books...big difference in my opinion and i was kidding.

Yeah, sure you were. yeahok.gif

And you actually stated that the number of books for sale was dwindling fast, and that you hoped your uncle understood. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Tell me a comic dealer who will give 60+% for a lot of books from someone who knows nothing about comics. That figure is minus any cgc, paypal fees, ebay fees, boards/backs, price guides, and the 25% i mentioned I was going to take in either books or money. Guess what, you may find it hard to believe but i'm a nice person and i'm being nice doing this and it's sad that i have to state that it's a nice thing i'm doing, Yeah, he is family, but i definately want to make something for all the trouble posting, answering questions, mailing out packages, and in the mean time juggle two jobs and 3 kids and a wife at the same time.

but i definately want to make something for all the trouble posting, answering questions, mailing out packages, and in the mean time juggle two jobs and 3 kids and a wife at the same time.

Not to mention dealing with comic geeks. shy.gif

25% is fair!

Take it in books! thumbsup2.gif

Man you must have been burned many times in your life to take out all your unspent anger on a guy helping a person in their family sell some rat eaten books. Do I like the books? yes...did i like the near run of tales of suspense/iron mans i had and had to sell when i lost my job? yes but i sold them...I end up selling everything eventually, i tend to lose interest, so the books will be sold, the bad ones first, but the good ones later once those are gone.

I'd like to put a couple aside CGC'd for later if i can, but if i can't so be it.

Jesus H. Christmas, joe, will you shut the * up about it already?

the guy made a joke - maybe not in the best taste - but your reaction to it was exceedingly overblown and aggressive.

we get it. you didn't like the joke. many others didn't like your open hostility. freaking man up and deal with it already, and quit making excuses for your overtly hostile posting style

sumo.gif

Take a deep breath.......then quietly put JC on "Ignore this User."

He's not gonna back off, now or ever. For everything you post..he'll come back with another high handed remark of how he completely knows everything your dirty little mind is doing.

So put him aside and continue with your nice box of GA books. thumbsup2.gif

Man you must have been burned many times in your life to take out all your unspent anger...

...you should feel lucky you've only been on the boards a few days, the rest of us have had to listen to it for years! frustrated.gif

gossip.gifThere is an ignore function where you can choose not to view posts by selected users.

Not to belabor the point but at 85+ pages to this thread what does it really matter...say i did explain to my uncle i was becoming attached then imagine the conversation.

me: boy there are some really nice books here, i'm sure becoming attached to them, why don't you just let me keep them.

uncle: well don't get too attached because most of that money is mine.

that's the type of guy he is, he would say something like that 'jokingly' that he knew i wouldn't rip him off because he has alot of brothers and sisters that would track me down (he actually said that when i first talked to him). that was a joke also as one of them is my father.

starting to get used to the brow beatings, you can blame Joe_collector for my slow ebay postings

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Just don''t blame me for your low moral fibre.

Vince,

Just lay off the guy sumo.gif He-ll, if it were me, my Uncle would get a bottle of Jack Daniels and a tuck-in kiss . . . insane.gif

As fer the lady next door . . . wink.gif

-david

I'm going to be serious here for a second, and then I'm done with this thread.

I have been in the same boat as you several times, asked by older family members or friends to sell some of their unneeded items, from cars to old violins and everything in-between.

Many times, there were a few valuable items in there that I could have "withheld" or otherwise taken as "payment" and no one would have known - except me and I just can't scam someone. The "taking items in lieu of payment" is also a very slippery slope, as until you sell it, how do you know what FMV is?

Is taking an extremely valuable first print book out of a stack of lower-priced editions a "fair price"? How about taking a Bobby Orr rookie as "payment" from a stack of old hockey cards? Who knows, and the problem is sliding down that slippery slope and rationalizing it some other way.

So I decided a long time ago the only ethical way to do this is to sell 100% of everything, pool the money and everyone takes their cut. That way you have no question asked and I sleep at night.

But do what you want, as I'm done here. Everytime I post on this thread, I feel like taking a long shower. yeahok.gif