• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

I will not judge this guy as to how he handles profits from these books, as I believe only he knows what will eventually be the outcome.

I will say that in my experience in the past, I have been burned more by family members and relative/friends then strangers.

I will not judge this guy as to how he handles profits from these books, as I believe only he knows what will eventually be the outcome.

I will say that in my experience in the past, I have been burned more by family members and relative/friends then strangers.

And on that solemn note.. hi.gif

Anyone who honestly thinks I'm stupid is a Grade-A insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Even my greatest enemies on here wouldn't take that "you're stupid" angle. 27_laughing.gif

I wasn't addressing your intelligence. But your laughably audacious statement that "no one gets the upper hand on you". Like I said, when you can't win an argument on merit you obfuscate or resort to personal attacks.

Again...

"You don't honestly believe that do you! 27_laughing.gif"

hi.gif

batman69.jpg

Real solid copy there. I'd better start saving up so I can add a Mystery Box book to my collection. Thank you for scanning the book and posting. Love the Shadow as well but don't own a single comic from the series. Maybe I'll go for one of those too 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ...

hi.gif

Prettttty sure he's not gone just yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

Maybe, maybe not. I just wanted to wave.

hi.gif

Maybe, maybe not. I just wanted to wave.

Wave on. hi.gif

Just to be clear, since everyone is piling on Joe for having a differing viewpoint about this whole thing (and for being a generally abrasive individual), you're all on board with this story?

Everyone here believes the whole "uncle in Florida" and "old woman" and "shed" aspects of this story? It doesn't smack of old-fashioned, Mile-High salesmanship to anyone?

I'm not looking to make accusations or cast aspersions, I'm just very curious about this.

I won't apologize for the message, but I will for the tone.

As I stated before, my sister's in-laws were part of a major scam, whereby most of the estate was sold, but the valuable antiques and rarities were all scammed by one family - we're talking serious money here. With so much stuff, and all the individual checks being sent out, it's easy to scam, and since they were family, everyone trusted them.

Just a horrible, horrible, family-shattering experience, and even typing this almost drives me to violence on their sorry souls. I think your "joke" was in extremely bad taste, but I do apologize if I took some of it out on you.

none of my bidness, but this is encouraging, and a mature take imho.

thumbsup2.gif