• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Prettttty sure he's not gone just yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to be clear, since everyone is piling on Joe for having a differing viewpoint about this whole thing (and for being a generally abrasive individual), you're all on board with this story?

Everyone here believes the whole "uncle in Florida" and "old woman" and "shed" aspects of this story? It doesn't smack of old-fashioned, Mile-High salesmanship to anyone?

I'm not looking to make accusations or cast aspersions, I'm just very curious about this.

Don't take this the wrong way MK, but what's the alternative? Hire a private investigator to look into it?

I'll retain my level of skepticism, but frankly, who cares one way or the other? If he has books he wants to sell, then let him sell them. I wouldn't pay a dime more because of the backstory on this one. I mean, it's not like his uncle was suspected of being a serial killer or anything. smirk.gif

Red

You people seriously make me want to puke.

Why do you continue to put up with us?

gossip.gifProbably a masochist

If I hated a group of people on a forum as much as Joe seems to hate "us", I'd leave. Why put yourself through such a terrible experience? confused-smiley-013.gif

Prettttty sure he's not gone just yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to be clear, since everyone is piling on Joe for having a differing viewpoint about this whole thing (and for being a generally abrasive individual), you're all on board with this story?

Everyone here believes the whole "uncle in Florida" and "old woman" and "shed" aspects of this story? It doesn't smack of old-fashioned, Mile-High salesmanship to anyone?

I'm not looking to make accusations or cast aspersions, I'm just very curious about this.

Don't take this the wrong way MK, but what's the alternative? Hire a private investigator to look into it?

I'll retain my level of skepticism, but frankly, who cares one way or the other? If he has books he wants to sell, then let him sell them. I wouldn't pay a dime more because of the backstory on this one. I mean, it's not like his uncle was suspected of being a serial killer or anything. smirk.gif

Red

That's kind of my point, Red... if anything, I'm considering hiring this guy to sell MY books for me. 27_laughing.gif

BTW, I've got my Ann Rule book about your favorite serial killer sitting next to me as we speak! Gonna give it a read later this week.

Technically speaking, shouldnt this thread be in Marketplace, or GA at the least?

Why give Krighton a golden ticket in General to hawk his books? Just because he is new and has a nice story? If comicsupply started a thread like this he woulda been booted to the correct forum in 15 seconds.

Technically speaking of course.

Ze-

Technically speaking, shouldnt this thread be in Marketplace, or GA at the least?

Why give Krighton a golden ticket in General to hawk his books? Just because he is new and has a nice story? If comicsupply started a thread like this he woulda been booted to the correct forum in 15 seconds.

Technically speaking of course.

Ze-

I agree. I just mentioned via PM that this guy is exhibiting some P.T. Barnum-esque salesmanship here. confused-smiley-013.gif

Why give Krighton a golden ticket in General to hawk his books? Just because he is new and has a nice story?

You answered your question. thumbsup2.gif

Hrmm....so we can set aside rules when it pleases us? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ze-

If someone wants to move the thread to GA they can, i can't do anything about that...i posted it in general to start with because i didn't know what really was in the box..i was guessing there was GA but it could have been anything. The back story is just what started the thread, aside from the 1st auction i did on ebay i haven't mentioned the find (i couldn't delete the mention once someone posted a bid).

Interesting diversion for myself anyways if not other people...

That's kind of my point, Red... if anything, I'm considering hiring this guy to sell MY books for me. 27_laughing.gif

BTW, I've got my Ann Rule book about your favorite serial killer sitting next to me as we speak! Gonna give it a read later this week.

If you're talking about Green River, Running Red.....it's probably not the best book. Ann Rule is on and off. She goes into great length to present bios of all the victims (which has it's importance), but I have the feeling that she had that book written and ready to go whenever they caught the actual killer. It's thin on details of the actual tracking and capture of Gary Ridgway.

Why give Krighton a golden ticket in General to hawk his books? Just because he is new and has a nice story?

You answered your question. thumbsup2.gif

Hrmm....so we can set aside rules when it pleases us? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ze-

I'd say yes. If the vast majority of people don't have a problem with the thread being here I don't see a problem with it. Many board "rules" are mostly enforced by consensus anyway, no?

I can also see your point. I think initially the general forum was the right place for this thread. Maybe now it would be more appropriate in the marketplace. It could go either way I suppose.

Krighton, I in no way meant it as an insult to you, or the thread.

I am all for opening the eyes of collectors to different things they might not normally even glance at.

It is just that normally threads get moved to the proper forum if a thread seems geared towards that forum. Especially if the thread has an Ebay link for every scan posted. A thread being moved isnt a bad thing, just par for the course.

I personally dont collect GA stuff, and the CGC forum has opened my eyes to a whole new era of books I would like to read. Your thread included.

flowerred.gif

Ze-