• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

But isn't it rather presumptuous to think that the only people bidding on these books on Ebay heard about them here? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not, but I was responding to those who were questioning Krighton's decision to post here, instead of just going to eBay and not marketing it. If it adds 10% more bidders, I'm all for it.

Have you guys never been to a comic convention? Have you not seen some of the, uh, weirdos our hobby attracts? I have no doubt that that photo of the "folding chair" collection could have been taken in the genuine "reading room" of some collector out there. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

now, just because the old lady had an estate doesn't mean there are more comics...maybe the crappy ones were tossed in the shed, maybe not...probably not...i mentioned in a previous thread about some Zane Grey books, i'm guessing those are there...

some of these posts have me in tears laughing, seriously...maybe because all that i've posted is 100% true, but there's some pretty funny guys associated with this forum....

anyways, back to work

Heard about the estate thing last night...wasn't aware, thought there was only a shed...consider i normally only talked to the man about every 5 or so years before I got wind of this stuff...

It would be best if you stopped talking now.

See, now a rational mind is going to wonder WHY you only heard about the "estate thing" last night. And a rational mind is going to wonder HOW it hadn't come up in conversations with your uncle previously. (And then one's natural curiosity will take one's rational mind down all sorts of pathways to conclusions that would lead one's rational mind to believe that your story is more sublimely fictitious than Vegans' supposed duality.)

After all, the woman died what, almost a year ago now? That's a long time to process an estate sale for someone who had (apparently) very little. And it's strange that your uncle wouldn't have included THOSE books in the package that he JUST mailed to you.

I don't have 'conversations' with my uncle...our family barely talks..i think i mentioned that before...everything i've posted is how it has happened when it happens whether it seems true or not.

Do you two just grunt at each other and then hang the phone up? (Of course, this scenario would involve one or both of you either holding the phone upside-down or just laying it on the floor and hitting it with a stick so that you could exorcise the demons that were posessing it.)

I mentioned in an earlier post that my uncle was a missionary for 15 or so years....kind of hard to talk to him then...he would visit us in the summer usually once a year...when i joined the military i lost pretty much all contact with relatives except my immediate family for about 10 years..

no we don't talk much....i talked to him last night, called him again this evening to tell him to go ahead and mail the zane greys. This is probably the most we've actually talked in decades...

My dad talks to his one brother about once a year, maybe less, we just don't keep in contact.

I see my dad about once a year, maybe, and he only lives about 2 hours away.

talked to my dad this evening, my wife asked what we talked about, i said...nothing much.

she replied like she always does...you people never talk about anything, why can't you have a normal relationship like other families.

that's pretty much true.

Do you two just grunt at each other and then hang the phone up? (Of course, this scenario would involve one or both of you either holding the phone upside-down or just laying it on the floor and hitting it with a stick so that you could exorcise the demons that were posessing it.)

Who cares? Why can't everyone just STFU and let this guy post his books? Why is everyone so eager to crawl up his asss with a magnifying glass? Nobody is forcing anyone to read this thread, to believe his story, or to bid on his books. If you think he is a liar, great, don't bid. But please don't drive the guy off and trash this thread because there are PLENTY of people who are interested in seeing what he has and how he found them. I would like to see the rest of the scans. I am not going to buy any, but I like seeing comic books. Isn't that the point of this place? You guys go way overboard sometimes and end up ruining it for a whole lot of people.

Once again, we all get it. You and JC and whoever else thinks this guy is full of it. Now go start a retarded argument somewhere else and let the people who want to see the books see the books.

End of sign-rantpost.gif