• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

OK, who had the itchy scissor fingers. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Gheese...I am getting tired of seeing so many books chopped up.

WTF were they thinking?.. Hacking away on many of the books with what appears to be a rusty machete ... I know they have chew damage..but yikes.

Can you tell if the cuts are really old, or fairly new?

Ze-

You gonna be in Boston next month?

Probably. I am going to try. I am trying to arrange to be at the May 12 NYC show as well.

I was away for the Feb show, I'll be back in my usual corner for April....right down the row from you.

my guess is water damage or rat chews, so the owner chopped off the ugly parts to make a nice straight line.

how would you grade a book like that? Poor? Fair? Somewhere in between?

Books like those cut ones you're seeing i'm pretty much just describing them the best i can and let the buyer judge what they're worth...it's hard to put a number on some of these grade wise. Interesting that all of the cutting is similar, in that it's lower right hand corner...maybe he was trying to fit them into a bag and they were too big smile.gif

i can almost guarantee the cuts are old, they were in that shed quite some time, probably the original owner went nuts or something. At least they certainly don't look fresh, the most recent date for any of the books is the early 60s though most are mid 40s

my guess is water damage or rat chews, so the owner chopped off the ugly parts to make a nice straight line.

how would you grade a book like that? Poor? Fair? Somewhere in between?

Poor. If a piece of the cover is missing, that can be Fair. But if the book is cut all the way through, that's incomplete in my opinion.