• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not so easy to find modern comics...

44 posts in this topic

"All the ASM vol 2 early books are going for well above cover price. ASM vol 400 is the issue where Aunt May dies and has a special tombstone cover (the 1st print cover is gray and the 2nd print is white)."

Hmmm, I think I sold the white cover one for like $3.00 out of my store 6 months ago. Where can I get $10 for that? I'm sure I have more of each cover.

In France! tongue.gif But anyway, I didn't put that tidbit re: ASM 400 white cover out there... Hensley is saying the ASM 400 white cover is tough in 9.8 and I do agree, guessing that the embossed cover increased surface friction in stacks with back covers and most of my white cover copies of 400 have some "scuff" marks on the raised edges of the tombstone...

These are all readily available .... in my longboxes yay.gif Unfortunately you are right. It'll take considerably more than cover price to get me to let go of them (why, if French comic shops get away with it, why shouldn't I?) All the biooks you mentioned I have, some in multiples because I was reading these book at the time and I've picked a number up in bulk deals where I would buy semi-runs from someone to get a better copy of one book foreheadslap.gif

uncanny x-men 350 (this one simply doesn't "exist" around these parts for the last years), 375-377 and a couple of others (legacy virus issues, etc...)

multiples of Xmen 350 AND the legacy virus issues

amazing spidey vol.2 19, 22, 28, 29

have a couple, I may have sold off the asm v2 # 19 (?) b/c it had been hot after the first spidey movie (upside down kiss) and the ASM 29 had come polybagged - black cover? I think I still have 5 copies of this laying around...

a couple of early DD vol.2

multiple copies including variants of DD 1-6 confused-smiley-013.gif

amazing spidey vol 1 (this one is very strange because there are several comics that won't appear in the backissues market, a dozen of comics between n°400 and 441).

I did not try to complete my ASM run this far so I am probably missing these same issues, unlike a plethora of ASM 200 - 300 dupes I have laying around

ff (a few of the waid/wieringo run aren't either easy to track down)

I have multiple sets of the waid/wieringo run confused-smiley-013.gif

thor 80 and up also hard

I still have a set but I remember selling my dupes off during the Avengers: disassembled hype...

27_laughing.gif, after a post like this and your buying "habits" no way you're just a "simple fan/collector" that sells a litte bit on the side.

of course if everyone lived in the USA and had the $$$, time, space to buy bulks/colls. this type of thread would'nt have much sense. insane.gif Since this is hardly the case, after reading your comments i feel it's a completly different "universe"/ approach of this medium that you and the big majority of the forum members have (or might have)! wink.gif

like having a store owner and a costumer discussing what's rare/difficult to find...2 completly different levels. flowerred.gif

regards

That's salesmanship, Darth! thumbsup2.gif

True. But was also trying to point out that if I (mere collector, part time dealer) have these issues readily available, many others, not on these boards, will have these same exact issues as well that Kermit is having a hard time finding overseas to fill his runs.

27_laughing.gif Not to blow your skirt up TOO much, Darth, but I've seen your "buying" lists in the past on a week-to-week basis.

You're no "mere collector". You were buying EVERYTHING and much of it in multiples, no? You probably have a much better inventory than many LCSes when it comes to Modern books. tongue.gif

after seeing just the "tip of the iceberg" i think you're probably right...at least concerning the big majority of the LCS around here (and some of them aren't that small as the ones from puerto rico...whatever that means).

regards

by the way, when i mentioned the ASM 400-441 i wasn't point out the 400, there are several others that are "much harder" to find (take the much harder with a grain of salt of course)...

regards

Some ASM issues are not so common as everyone thinks (for ASMs...)

I seem to remember reading that late 1998 through to end 2000 was the absolute low-point for ASM sales-wise.

I pulled my Standard Catalog and issues #15 through to #21 have a max Diamond preorder of 52K.....

Up to #29 the numbers drop even more, with #28 having a mere 48.500 issues preordered....

The series was in deep-deep trouble back then and not a lot of people were buying it....

And there's always a buyer for ASM #430 - #441...lots of Spidey completionists out there that dropped out after the clone saga and only returned with the buzz around the JMS run or the 911 issue...

"All the ASM vol 2 early books are going for well above cover price. ASM vol 400 is the issue where Aunt May dies and has a special tombstone cover (the 1st print cover is gray and the 2nd print is white)."

Hmmm, I think I sold the white cover one for like $3.00 out of my store 6 months ago. Where can I get $10 for that? I'm sure I have more of each cover.

Well, there's this thing called Ebay....lol. But really, you were talking about the 2nd print right? Now, I've seen various prices for a vol 1 #400 so I can't say a hard and fast price. But Kermit was talking about getting books for $0.50 each and I don't see that happening with the particular books he's listed. At least, not in any good condition. Heck, just checked Mile High and they have a #400 1st print on sale for $25.50.