• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is Darwyn Cooke's first work?

10 posts in this topic

Is it Batman: Ego, or something else?

08137131442.1.GIF

I saw Ego at a used book shop and wondered (if it is his first published work) why it doesn't get more of a price bump.

...Like this (which I also saw there) first DC work for McFarlane:

02902945302.47.GIF

But, then, I got confused because comics.org cited several issues of Infinity, Inc. being published before this issue of All-Star. Or is this the case of All-Star being done first but published later?

And then I saw this - which I already have a copy of - which made me want a follow-up:

29100916078.1.GIF

cloud9.gif

Darwyn Cooke's first comic book work was in an issue of DC's New Talent Showcase back in the 1980's. I don't know the specific number.

Thanks... I didn't know about that series (and comics.org isn't listing Cooke among the contributors). Not big prices on those either... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it was the last issue of the series. 18 maybe? I've been looking for that myself. There's an issue of Comic Book Artist that has a long interview with him and it's mentioned in there. He makes a joke about finally breaking into comics and the series gets cancelled when his work is published.

This summer: Batman/The Spirit Special with Jeph Loeb

batmanspirit.jpg

BATMAN/THE SPIRIT: This summer, two of the greatest icons in the history of comics meet at last in BATMAN/THE SPIRIT, a Special by Jeph Loeb and Darwyn Cooke. Following that is the first issue of the new THE SPIRIT ongoing series, written and illustrated by Cooke. The series takes place in modern-day Central City, where The Spirit will face villains both old and new.

SPIRIT1.jpg

SPIRIT2.jpg

SPIRIT3.jpg

ELLEN.jpg

Plus: Absolute New Frontier... to be announced

Darwyn Cooke's first comic book work was in an issue of DC's New Talent Showcase back in the 1980's. I don't know the specific number.

# 19, the last issue according to his interview in CBA v.2 # 3.