• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Book only show 2 Sunday May 7th

39 posts in this topic

NEW YORK CITY COMIC BOOK SPECTACULAR 2 update

SUNDAY MAY 7th 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sharp.

1 DAY ONLY!

NEW YORK CITY’S ONLY COMIC BOOK RELATED ONLY SHOW

FROM GOLDEN AGE TO MODERN!

HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN BALLROOM

440 WEST 57TH ST (Between 9th and 10th)

$6 or $5 with coupon at primatepromotions.com

Under 10 years old free with an adult.

This will be a Comic Book related only show. 75 tables with the majority being Golden Age to Silver Age to Modern Comic Books and the minority comic art and comic character/cartoon related items such as anime, action figures and statues.

There will be neither x-rated or bootleg material of any type at this show.

Bring the whole family. Tell every comic book reader, collector or creator that you can about the show. It is being advertised in Wizard Magazine, Comic Buyers Guide, the Primate Promotions mailing list and website, comicbookconventions.com, The CGC collectors boards and many other sites and area stores. This is New York City's only Comic Book only show. The show runs opens promptly at 9 a.m. and will close at 4 p.m. with no early bird buyers/kibitsers with no exceptions. Come have some comic book fun, meet other collectors and fill the holes in your want list at our second New York City show!

Meet Guest Creators

Mike Grell

Green Arrow, Sable, Green Lantern, Shaman's Tears & many more!

Joe Sinnott

Silver Surfer, Captain America, Spider-Man & many more!

Ayers

Ghost Rider, Rawhide Kid, Sargeant Fury & many more!

Steve Mannion

Batman, Captain America, Good Girl art

Tommy Castillo

Toe Tags, Green Arrow, Detective Comics

Rodney Ramos

Green Lantern, Toe Tags, Spider-Man

Keith Williams

Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Quasar, She-Hulk, Phantom,

Star Wars Droids, The Mask

Louis Small Jr

Vampirella, Shi, Code Name: Knockout

Gerry Acerno

Power Man/Iron Fist, Good Girl art

Ed Coutts

Femforce artist

Marcus Boas

Fantasy painter

Crazee Comics, Brian Kong, David Quiles,

Rachel Kadushin, Estrada Media, Luis Torres, Galaxycorps, Nino Mesarina

Catskill Comics Art

Ken Gale and Mercy Van Vlack of the "Nuff Said" radio show

Matt and Brian of matmancomics.com will be recording a podcast at the show

Door prizes at 10, Noon & 2

New York/New Jersey area comic book store owners please contact us

for details about discounted space at the next show July 30th

Primatepromotions.com

primatepromos@aol.com

978-388-6576

Dealers will be posted in a few days. No, the "Big Boys" will not be there as of this posting. But the room will be full of comic books. One way or the other. thumbsup2.gif

that sort of lessens my incentive to come up to NYC -- I was just there and I did a "local" show this past weekend... I'm sure comics will be there but with out some major dealers, this doesn't appeal to me as much -- if I can be in NYC, I'll drop by.

that sort of lessens my incentive to come up to NYC -- I was just there and I did a "local" show this past weekend... I'm sure comics will be there but with out some major dealers, this doesn't appeal to me as much -- if I can be in NYC, I'll drop by.

I'm setting up! hi.gif Bringing as much pre-code, silver, and bronze stuff as I can fit in my van. Hope to see everyone there.

Hey I just wanted to say i wound up getting the admission pass for 2. I really appreciate that you did that. Good luck with the show. It sounds like it will be a good one.

We are still giving out passes to first time attendees. thumbsup2.gif

The free pass offer is good until 5 p.m. tomorrow night.

Dealer list with 2 tables left.

KATZ KOMIX

BYRON/TV COMICS

STEVE STRYKE

NEAT STUFF

FORBIDDEN PLANET

MONKEYHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT

CKB COMICS

KOOP'S COMICS

JOHN'S SILVER AND GOLD COMICS

OCEANIST.COM

MIKE'S ACTION FIGURES

STEVE'S COMICS

GENE’S COMICS

FRANKIE’S COMICS

CARD & COMIC COMPANY

PATRICK SULLIVAN

DIDIER MARTIN

BOP CITY SILVER AGE COMICS

We have fewer dealers but they will fill 45 tables of comics.

The show is 2/3 Comic Books and 1/3 creators.

I'm setting up! hi.gif Bringing as much pre-code, silver, and bronze stuff as I can fit in my van. Hope to see everyone there.

My friend is coming with me as well - a big timely/atlas guy with a lot of great Golden Age. It's worth coming just to see his copy of "Chaplins at War". You'll never see one anywhere else. :-)

Dealer commitments for New York Comic Book Spectacular 3 July 30th.

KATZ KOMIX

KOOP'S COMICS

BYRON/TV COMICS

STEVE STRYKE

MONKEYHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT

STEVE'S COMICS

CARD & COMIC COMPANY

PATRICK SULLIVAN

DIDIER MARTIN

BOP CITY SILVER AGE COMICS

OCEANIST.COM ANIME

We had a very large jump in attendence at todays show. Everybody seemed happy and bought tons of comics.

I saw a few board members. Anybody have a report?

I'll chime in and say I was happy with the attendence. There were people in the room all day, right to closing, after a bit of a slow start in the morning. Better yet, people were seriously buying Bronze/Silver under $5 books. I know this seems like a given, but if you've been to Boston recently...I sold more under $5 Bronze/Silver Marvel/DCs in NYC that I did at the last two Boston shows (combined) that I had the same material at. I can't explain it.

Anyway, a big thanks to dmgcsr for coming and checking out the GA/early SA Gleasons in the Northhampton collection. Great to put a face to a board personality and to help someone find esoteric stuff that rarely turns up. hi.gif

And thanks to Dave C. (aka lemur55) for working with all the dealers/artists and having the show anyway. flowerred.gif

I had a great time! I talked to Ayers for a while, which was a blast. I completed my Eerie Pubs WITCHES TALES run and then found Spa Fon 4 for $10. It was my wife's first show and she had fun as well.

See you in Boston!

Anyway, a big thanks to dmgcsr for coming and checking out the GA/early SA Gleasons in the Northhampton collection. Great to put a face to a board personality and to help someone find esoteric stuff that rarely turns up. hi.gif

Nice to met you too and thanks for helping me make some additions to my collection! Locating copies of Boy Meets Girl #57, Boy Loves Girl #1, & CDNP #146 might not seem like that big of a deal to most, but for a Lev Gleason completist, it made attending the show very worthwhile. Seemed like there was plenty of GA material available this time around which was nice to see.

I hope this show can continue building and become a nice inexpensive, casual compliement to the other shows that are going on in the area.

hmmm... dealers I recognize... would have come, but now heading down to NC instead on Sunday morning... oh well... next go around.

July 30th. Summer blast. Bigger and better. almost every dealer

renewed already. thumbsup2.gif

How did NC work out? Pulled pork anyone? You missed a very active show from open to close but never packed. Surprise guests. Ayers birthday cake. The Podcast. Dealers that do no other NYC shows. More silver/gold/esoteric comics. Tons of original art. Families. Children. Women. 893whatthe.gif Collectors bringing in books to sell. and the first New York appearance of the Incredible Laundry Detergent Man. but you chose the bright lights of cosmopolitan North Carolina. Did you bring back any Mr. Pibb? confused-smiley-013.gif

I hope this show can continue building and become a nice inexpensive, casual compliement to the other shows that are going on in the area.

This what we are aiming for. thumbsup2.gif

I can find out. I dont like to eat in places with no lights. From what I hear the places in NYC on not sanitary at all.

That's a stereotype. We found the restaurant. It is called Cancun and the food and margharitas were super!

Now who can recommend a BBQ/Mexican/Southwest restaurant near Philly Wizard World? No, not foolkiller's place. 893whatthe.gif

update!!!

Due to the success of our New York City show we are extending the policy of no Bootlegs and no adult material to all of our comic book

and record collector's shows effective immediately.