• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Hulk 181 (Raw or CGC, NM 9.0-9.4)

17 posts in this topic

Looking for a copy no worse than NM-. Must be complete with stamps and perfectly centred with good staple alignment. Flat, no restoration. No German editions either!! tongue.gif

Edit: I guess i'll revise my request. I'll consider a slab if the price is fair. I'll also consider a 9.0 and finally when i said perfectly centred i wouldn't mind a white spine (as is very common on a 181) so long as it runs all the way down.

Looking for a copy no worse than NM-. Must be complete with stamps and perfectly centred with good staple alignment. Flat, no restoration. No German editions either!! tongue.gif

Good luck. Most people will want CGC prices for that book in that condition. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

As OG states you have very little chance of finding a raw copy in that kind of condition. If you shot for a VF copy you may have more success. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No offense . . . but screwy.gif

Why screwy.gif ??

Because i had the audacity to make a request? Because i'm a purist who seems no point in paying 2-3 times multiple for the same book just because it's in some plastic? While CGC is great for things like restoration checks on Gold and Silver, they have created a horrible sub-culture where by they encourage you to send their book to them and mark it up 100%.

Why screwy.gif ??

Because i had the audacity to make a request? Because i'm a purist who seems no point in paying 2-3 times multiple for the same book just because it's in some plastic? While CGC is great for things like restoration checks on Gold and Silver, they have created a horrible sub-culture where by they encourage you to send their book to them and mark it up 100%.

Nothing wrong with making a request, all people are pointing out are that the chances of filling it here are slim.

Yep, I don't think any offense was meant, Anfield. For what it's worth, I entirely agree with you that having to pay an outlandish premium for a slab is unappealing. The problem is that it's the people selling 9.4 #181s who would need to agree as well...and for obvious reasons, they don't. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, I don't think any offense was meant, Anfield. For what it's worth, I entirely agree with you that having to pay an outlandish premium for a slab is unappealing. The problem is that it's the people selling 9.4 #181s who would need to agree as well...and for obvious reasons, they don't. confused-smiley-013.gif

That is fair point.

I guess sometimes i forget the ease at which people can send their books to CGC in the US. Living in the UK it's a long drawn out process which takes up a lot of time. The thing about Hulk 181 is that it's not a rare book, in fact for a key it is plentiful especially after the MH2 find.

I guess i'll revise my request. I'll consider a slab if the price is fair. I'll also consider a 9.0 and finally when i said perfectly centred i wouldn't mind a white spine (as is very common on a 181) so long as it runs all the way down.

Hopefully someone can help, if not then i'll just have to keep looking frown.gif

Because i had the audacity to make a request? Because i'm a purist who seems no point in paying 2-3 times multiple for the same book just because it's in some plastic?

Yes.

People holding CGC-able 9.4 or higher copies would never sell them for Guide or lower, (assuming it's not some rube coming into the LCS and getting a nickel for it), not to mention that anytime a new Raw copy is coming to market, any seller on here would already have it CGC graded to get the highest return.

So yes, there are many NM Hulk 181 raw copies out there, but if you want to buy one, it'll likely already be CGC'd or come at a hefty premium.

Because i had the audacity to make a request? Because i'm a purist who seems no point in paying 2-3 times multiple for the same book just because it's in some plastic?

Yes.

People holding CGC-able 9.4 or higher copies would never sell them for Guide or lower, (assuming it's not some rube coming into the LCS and getting a nickel for it), not to mention that anytime a new Raw copy is coming to market, any seller on here would already have it CGC graded to get the highest return.

So yes, there are many NM Hulk 181 raw copies out there, but if you want to buy one, it'll likely already be CGC'd or come at a hefty premium.

hulk 181 is synonim of premium PERIOD!

regards