• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO ARE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS

279 posts in this topic

(I want to know what he thinks "handling" is, and what I'm paying for).

you didn't show the actual mangled books...but I'd guess that they were pretty welll "handled" by this guy as he SHOVED them into that slightly used envelope!

The seller just emailed me back. He claims that the problem is my fault for not buying insurance. (I dispute that: I claim that even without insurance, it is REASONABLE to expect one's comics to be packaged better than that. Insurance woudl provide reimbursement, but would not solve the problem of why the books were damaged in the first place).

He also justifies his packing by stating he sends ALL his books this way, and that the amount I paid for S&H (which was 3x the actual cost of the postage) was for shipping "...AND handling," so the cost of the four stamps is irrelevant. (I want to know what he thinks "handling" is, and what I'm paying for).

You know what else makes me mad? I bid on this guy after reading his feedback from buyers who PRAISED his packing! I'm as angry at them! I kinda want to email them and ask, "what were you THINKING? Don't you know we buyer read your feedback? When you get books packed like this and call it "great packing!", that misleads those of us who actually WANT good packing!"

time to leave negative feedback bro, makepoint.gif also are you going to release the sellers ID so we can be forwarned in the future? 893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Had the same thing happen to me with that scum bag!!! (Gerry Ross)

Traded him an Action #3 in unrestored vg condition for a marvel mystery # 3 and a captain America #3 in 1986.

The books were over graded and returned only to have Canada post tell me the items were lost in the mail!!!

This B@#$h had someone working for him in the post and made this happen!

Total looser 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif!

Had the same thing happen to me with that scum bag!!! (Gerry Ross)

Traded him an Action #3 in unrestored vg condition for a marvel mystery # 3 and a captain America #3 in 1986.

The books were over graded and returned only to have Canada post tell me the items were lost in the mail!!!

This B@#$h had someone working for him in the post and made this happen!

Total looser 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif!

Ouch! I feel your pain. So Ross ended up with all 3 comics involved in the "trade". Apparently, he used the "lost in the mail" excuse quite frequently. frown.gif

Four Color Comics. Bought a NM Spotlight 5 and a NM FF 48 many years ago. The FF 48 was majorily trimmed. he Spotlight 5 was majorily Magic Marker bklack touched on the cover that bled though the back of the cover. Unfortuantely I was in an auto accident and iot was a month or two before I even SAW the books.The reply? Too much time had gone past. I asked him why he did not check the books. He said that books at that price - he just assumed they were accurate and they were not worth that much for him to check.

I hope he is reading this. It was my first real shyster experience with a dealer. Only good thing? It made me a LOT more cautious.

I dont think he does much anymore so dont worry.

Aman, I was thinking the same thing until I opened my 2003 OS and saw their full page color ad on the very first interior page of the new OS Price Guide. THAT made me post! I STILL remember the phone conversations. Most frustrating.

Showcase New England not only grades so poorly - it borders on fraud - they also expect you to take their overgraded junk and shut up - or they neg you.

Dan is a world class arse face.

Showcase New England not only grades so poorly - it borders on fraud - they also expect you to take their overgraded junk and shut up - or they neg you.

Dan is a world class arse face.

would he be his own worst brown noser at work then??

See attachment - WORST packing EVER. I just got this today.

Hey smokinghawk...

Would you feel bad if Mr Todd M Doughty's name and address suddenly appeared on a few hundred new mailing lists, and maybe three or four dozen magazine subscriptions? blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifcool.gif

When I first entered the more serious end of collecting when I was like 20, I would see a lot of the big dealers at the show. With Dan, I ordered by mail a few amazing spider mans in the #50s... and they were advertised as VF/NMs and NM- and when I received them, they were, at best, VFs. Now, I was new to the hobby. My standards were very, very high (and unrealistically off I later learned) but, I was definitely right about these books. I took them around that weekend to a couple of dealers at a local show who thought that I was right. I called him on the phone... actually eventually got through to Dan, and I received a rather rude response which consisted basically of the fact that I might not know all that much about grading and how he had been in the business for 20+ years and how would I really know what I was talking about (I made the mistake of disclosing that I was relatively new at this).

Now... I haven't been in the past the perfect comic customer (as I alluded to, I made some mistakes with Bob Storms and another dealer when I was a little younger), but I doubt I ever treated anyone truly rudely, or didn't treat them with respect. This guy not only was off with his grading, but me feel like I was a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person for questioning him.