• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM : Haunt of Fear #12

17 posts in this topic

The back cover is nicer than it looks. The slightly darker areas around the edge is a dust shadow its not miscut nor is that interior pages showing on the edges. In regards to the upper spine on the front its a color flake or a scrape of some kind. Its the only flaw on the spine as it has zero spine stress marks (except a couple on the back cover). What are acceptable defects in the 9.0-9.2 grade ? I figure some are more heavy hitters than others and the accumulation of defects plays a role. To answer your other question this was graded by Metropolis as a 9.2 Northford pedigree.

I looked at that chip out of the front cover and it does go all the way thru ! Grrrrr I emailed Metropolis on it to see if they can do anything. When buying the book and inquiring to several others they had great customer service I hope its the same with a complaint. I want to keep the book but I dont want to pay 9.2 price for a 8.0-8.5 book. Im not sure if they will do anything but if I have to I will send it back (just got it late last week) but I do like the book. Thanks for all your opinions !

Keith

P.s. Anyone have a similiar expirience ?

Yeah I hope so as well. Here is my email to them...

I have a problem with the Haunt of Fear #12 9.2 Northford copy. The book has a chip out of the front cover. Its located near the top (ive attached a pic from your scan). This chip goes all the way thru i.e. its a missing piece. I thought when looking at the scan that it was a color flake but its not. This defect alone takes it out of 9.0-9.2 range ( I read this in your online grading guide). Along with some minor back cover creases on the spine it all but sinks it to a 8.0-8.5. I know you have a 10 day satisfaction return policy but...I like the book I wanna keep it but I just feel Im paying for a higher grade than the book actually is. Can we work something out ? I can also send the original scans back to you guys if you no longer have them on file. Again I just dont see how a 9.2 book can have a chip out of the spine that size and remain in that grade. Thanks for your time.

Keith Hillson

Eastern Kingsnake Resource Site

http://www.kingsnake.com/easternkingsnake/

Well I sent the book back to Metropolis. They indicated they would look the book over and see how it graded out again. I must say they have been real cool about the whole thing and Frank over there is a pretty nice guy and his customer service skills are topnotch. If the book stays at that grade then I will get something else I guess frown.gif

Well I sent the HOF #12 back to Metropolis. They offered to knock the price down a bit but I decided to go a different route. I ended up getting Haunt of Fear #14 CGC 9.0 Northford Pedigree (1st Old Witch) and Haunt of Fear #12 8.0 for a very reasonable price. Like I said before Metropolis was awesome about the whole thing and everyone I dealt with via phone or email was very friendly. I know Ive heard others say they were kinda rude but that wasnt the case for me at all. Ill post the books when I get them.

Keith