• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have only one book or complete story what would it be??

58 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics Presents #72 to #84

Refresh my memory.

These issues feature the Weapon X storyline by Barry Winsor Smith. "Before there was Wolverine there was Weapon X 893naughty-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Oh, I see. It must have come out in the 90's so I missed it. smile.gif

Okay, if it's a "run" of books, I'll take the O'Neil/Adams run of Green Lantern 76-89.

If it's ONE comic, I'll cheat a bit and pick Marvel Tales #1, the one that has the origins / first appearances of Spidey, Hulk, FF, Thor, Avengers and a coupla others. That's an undervalued book IMO, and maybe the single best, most satisfying read a Marvel can find within the confines of one cover!

I'll cheat a bit and pick Marvel Tales #1, the one that has the origins / first appearances of Spidey, Hulk, FF, Thor, Avengers and a coupla others. That's an undervalued book IMO, and maybe the single best, most satisfying read a Marvel can find within the confines of one cover!

Good call smirk.gif

Wouldn't want or need a book or complete story. I would just pick the cleanest, best conditioned plastic CGC slab I own and throw everything else out. Of course, I would remove the comic to eliminate the distraction of the book itself from the beauty of the holder and label themselves. I've often looked at slabbed books and posited, "what a shame that a comic has to detract from the slab's crystal clarity", and thought of keeping the slabs and removing/discarding the comic, but then, I wouldn't have enough books to keep resubmitting so that I could meet my goal of spending $1,000,000 on submissions before the year is out.