• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Ghost #6 significant?

33 posts in this topic

Flying Donut should have one by now since I sent him mine on Monday. He was under-bidder on ebay and it was returned. The high bidder claimed it was restored, but I don't believe it is. Waiting to hear from Flying Donut to see what he thinks and if he wants to keep or return it. It should ring a bell, because you PM'd me about it before I put it on ebay! 27_laughing.gif

If you want to have another look at the one I had it's in my Human Torch thread on this page. Be sure to post a scan of yours when you get it! Can't wait to see a beauty copy of it! hi.gif

If you want to have another look at the one I had it's in my Human Torch thread on this page. Be sure to post a scan of yours when you get it! Can't wait to see a beauty copy of it! hi.gif

Hey, your copy looks pretty decent, what kind of resto did the buyer say it had? Or was he just using that as an excuse to return it?

He said there was a 1/2" area of tear seal below the top staple, a 1.5" tear seal at top and possible trimming. After I got it back I looked it over real good and disputed all his claims. He then retracted the trim statement and said the 1/2" tear seal is obvious. I then asked about the 1.5" tear seal and he wouldn't answer back. He was concerned about his refund which I always give cheerfully if someone isn't happy at all with a book. The 1.5" is just a very light crease at the top. The 1/2" "tear seal", I think, is just a weird crease that has a little surface splitting from a reader's mishandling. The book was in an old-time collector's collection as evidence by the documenting I did in the Human Torch thread. If the Torch came back blue label, why would this copy which wasn't even bagged when I bought it restored? I think he was just flaking out on me.

The thing I deduce about that collection is that the collector loved comics, alot of the older books were in real nice shape, and there were some newer comics, into the 1980's that were in bad shape. It seems like he quit collecting new when cover prices started to rise, only picking up newer copies at garage sales or flea markets or wherever. He must have been a collector since the early 1960's or earlier and probably picked that Torch up dirt cheap. Just my guess on the collection as a whole.

Flying Donut should have one by now since I sent him mine on Monday. He was under-bidder on ebay and it was returned. The high bidder claimed it was restored, but I don't believe it is. Waiting to hear from Flying Donut to see what he thinks and if he wants to keep or return it. It should ring a bell, because you PM'd me about it before I put it on ebay! 27_laughing.gif

It came yesterday, but I've been working like a dog and haven't opened anything. I will look at it tonight and be all happy. Such a cool cover. yay.gif

I'm not a horror guy...

What's so hard about finding TMIH #3?

It's a genuinely scarce book - it never seems to turn up on dealer lists or ebay. Very annoying as it's on several customer wants lists.

Apart from that it has a decent, but not classic cover, although TMIH covers are generally a cut above...

It came yesterday, but I've been working like a dog and haven't opened anything. I will look at it tonight and be all happy. Such a cool cover. yay.gif

thumbsup2.gif Glad to hear it arrived safely!