• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The History of Darthdiesel (aka "I collected the little Smurf figures")

30 posts in this topic

Congratulations to Darth........it's a great Bio.

The first I remember actually reading through, understanding and enjoying on a comprehensive level was Defenders #14 with Nebulon, Man from the Stars. I was 4 years old

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif....yeah right, he hardly understands them now.

At least he gave the smurfs their proper respect in the interview goodevil.gif

Cool cool piece, but who the hell is " Laura Croft" ?

I got to know Darth thru out mutual interest in the Marvel variants. All I can say is that he's hands down the nicest (and fairest) guy I've ever dealt with over the web. We need more collectors like him in our hobby and on e-bay. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I got to know Darth thru out mutual interest in the Marvel variants. All I can say is that he's hands down the nicest (and fairest) guy I've ever dealt with over the web. We need more collectors like him in our hobby and on e-bay. 893applaud-thumb.gif

He is one of the good guys. I've had very positive transactions with Darth and I think he's a valuable contributor to the hobby.

Those G.I. Joes they sure do know how to handle terrorsits. Many times in my childhood home they would rescue Strawberry Shortcakes and Barbies from the terrorist horde known as the Star Wars action figure gang..... 27_laughing.gif

Carl is a straight-up, intelligent guy whose a pleasure to work with. You can always expect a fair deal, courteous treatment and excellent service. He's a man of his word, and unlike some others, you don't need to have your "guard up" when working with him.

I'm happy to see him receive the recognition and success he's enjoying now... it's well deserved. I always considered him the "hands-down" modern expert to confer with, and did. Now, with the responsibility and title of "Overstreet Advisor", he's expanding his interests and knowledge base as well.

There's little doubt in my mind that Carl is heading towards a very bright comic future that will see him attain even greater stature and heights in the hobby/business.

Carl - Kudos again my friend, and may I also offer my advance congratulations on the impending birth of your first child. I expect that you will look back very fondly years from now at this time in your life.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Bru

It's just a shame they don't mention "Darthdiesel" even once in the article...

Who the heck is this "Carl" person anyway? And what is he doing with Darth's comics? (and wife for that matter... although we all know which is more important...)

Way to go Darth... we can all say "we knew you when..."

Thanks for all the support and insight, guys. I'm kinda busy with waitning for my wife to get the little guy out already. Was due Friday 5/16, but nothing yet...anytime now... I'll check in now and again over the next week, but this response has been great. On the side, I've caught up on some comic related movies: Saw MAtrix REloaded with the wife on Friday while anxiously waiting for some sign of baby coming...I think the Architect and Neo dialogue kept my child from coming out. Next comic movie: Kull the Conjqueror was on cable featuring a star studded cast: Kevin Sorbo (Hercules: the Legendary Journeys and Andromeda), Tia Carrerre, Karina Lombard, and Litefoot (Indian in the Cupboard - doh!tongue.gif) - I don't think Marvel even wanted their name tied to that. And on a better note, I saw Catch Me If You Can with my wife Kolette and we both enjoyed it - where's the comic relatedness? DiCaprio uses the alias Barry Allen when posing as a Secret Service agent to elude Tom Hanks' FBI Character. Hanks, with the help of a fanboy/waiter at the local diner, connects it to the Flash - next scene - Hanks is yelling over the phone to his office about DiCaprio's profile and is holding a handfull of 12 cent Flash comics!!! Even DC gets a little play in Hollywood!

I'm happy to share what I know and have gladly taken criticism and hopefully learned from it. This board is an excellent source of knowledge opinions and input that HEAVILY influence my thoughts on comics, current and past, the industry, dealers and influences such as third party grading on the hobby. It's all about fun in reading and collecting comics, no matter however we all chose to participate.

By the way I have the unedited version of the interview where I go off on CGC board members, dealers, Golden Age, stores, ebay overgraders...but somehow that has been lost? wink.gif

This board is an excellent source of knowledge opinions and input that HEAVILY influence my thoughts on comics, current and past, the industry, dealers and influences such as third party grading on the hobby.

Who was the genius that told you to CGC Smurf comics?

Brian

I'm happy to share what I know and have gladly taken criticism and hopefully learned from it. This board is an excellent source of knowledge opinions and input that HEAVILY influence my thoughts on comics, current and past, the industry, dealers and influences such as third party grading on the hobby. It's all about fun in reading and collecting comics, no matter however we all chose to participate.

Darth, you really said a mouthful there. As much as I lament losing all the comic book stores in Boston and discovering the lack here in SF, this place has really rejuvenated my collecting interests.

I hope all goes well and a new Darth - hmmm...DarthSolar? arrives happy and healthy and CGC 10!

This board is an excellent source of knowledge opinions and input that HEAVILY influence my thoughts on comics, current and past, the industry, dealers and influences such as third party grading on the hobby.

Brian

GNAP!size>

I'm a huge Darth fan! and customer!

Darthdiesel first came to my attention a few years ago as he outbid me on every Ultimate Spidey #1 white cover that came up for auction. Over time, I've figured that if you can't beat em... then buy from them!

Darth ... you're a credit to this industry. Thanks for all your help in my quest to build my collection!

Sincerely...David Skelton

Brian

GNAP!size>

Dang! He got another one!

Seriously Darth, I've never bought any books from you, but if I ever need a CGC 10.0 copy of a book printed within the preceding 3 weeks, you'll be the first guy I call.

(We ARE roasting him, aren't we??) wink.gifgrin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Darth.....on a serious note from me >gasp< .......congratulations on your success so far and on the pending birth of your new baby. Here's to a smooth and problem free delivery and a to a happy and healthy new life that will soon be bringing you both lots of smiles (and dirty diapers). cloud9.gif

Darth best of luck on the new baby. Keep us informed on how your wife and baby are doing. Just a reminder that on the nights that you are up late with him we are online so pop in to say hi between feedings.

Also that was a great bio. As a coin collector youv'e helped me alot of the times trying to understand comic book collecting. CHRIS