• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Percentage of Slabs You Own that Were Bought vs Submitted Yourself

Which of the following best describes the % composition of the slabs you own?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes the % composition of the slabs you own?

36 posts in this topic

just a bit of a curiosity thing here - maybe this may generate discussion. at the least it'll offer an interesting profile of people's collections.

out of the total number of slabs you own, what percentage of the books were purchased as slabs? what percentage of them were raw books you submitted yourself?

to keep the statistics from being potentially biased toward small-sample errors, let's limit the voting to people who own at least FIVE slabs. (is that ok?)

I have purchased 46 slabs, all in the past two years. That was the time that I decided to give graded copies a try after being constantly burned by purchasing raw. I still buy some raw, but only from dealers that I trust, such as Ted VanLiew and Bob Storms. However, I have about 200-300 copies that are CGC candidates that I hope to one day grade myself. They span from Atom to Bronze age and some would be top census at this time. My priority is to spend my money on books, so certifying will have to wait for awhile. I am sure there are alot of buyers who feel the same way. You want to get some of your books graded, but you just can't make yourself spend that money on anything besides more books. Someday I will bite the bullet and send in a batch.

Scott

I have purchased about 60-70 slabs and to this day I haven't submitted a single book...

I just hear about all the crazy waiting times and this and that...

It doesn't bother me to have a raw dupe in about the same condition...

so I'm just a buyer...

thumbsup2.gif

I have submitted about 120 books and currently own two that are slabbed. I use CGC as a selling device, not a collecting one.

We're the two on the bottom Woogie grin.gif

I've submitted over 100 and bought perhaps 4 or 5 cloud9.gif

I slab to sell, I don't see any other reason to put a comic book into plastic. sumo.gif

I have submitted about 120 books and currently own two that are slabbed. I use CGC as a selling device, not a collecting one.

We're the two on the bottom Woogie grin.gif

I've submitted over 100 and bought perhaps 4 or 5 cloud9.gif

I slab to sell, I don't see any other reason to put a comic book into plastic. sumo.gif

I forgot to vote blush.gif

Now there's three of us.

One of the two I'm holding right now is on hold for a buyer; the other I might just keep for awhile (but I've got an unslabbed one of that one so....)

grin.gif

I currently own 73,and have two more on the way.I've sold about two dozen,and of all these,I've submitted 11.

I didn't realize I owned this many,but looking thru them,I bought about 20 for less than the cost of slabbing.

While I have about 100 books that are certainly great candidates for slabbing,thats not going to happen under the present circumstances.Nor will I be buying many more. The two I'm expecting were semi-grails(Cap #100 and Sgt Fury #13) that I got a super deal on.

BTW- I've never used PGX/CCG and seriously doubt I ever will.