• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How low can Marvel go???

77 posts in this topic

Words fail me:

Onslaught Reborn

"It’s a return that well, let’s be honest, you probably didn’t see coming.

In November, Jeph Loeb and Rob Liefeld will team for a five part, weekly, miniseries that returns to the Heroes Reborn universe, and brings along the villain who got the whole Heroes Reborn ball rolling. The title?

Onslaught Reborn."

Good grief!!!

Does marvel has some kind of long term committment with Liefield that they have to publish his crapola?

I'd rather see a Wolverine comic with a cigar sticking out of every one of his orifices than this junk. frustrated.gif

Words fail me:

Onslaught Reborn

"It’s a return that well, let’s be honest, you probably didn’t see coming.

In November, Jeph Loeb and Rob Liefeld will team for a five part, weekly, miniseries that returns to the Heroes Reborn universe, and brings along the villain who got the whole Heroes Reborn ball rolling. The title?

Onslaught Reborn."

that's official, marvel isn't marvel anymore, just an empty house...where only the wind goes by!!!

insane.gifmakepoint.gifthere's a lot of ways to insult comics fans, this is one way, BIGTIME!!! insane.gifmakepoint.gif

wasn't around in the 90's (marvel) and i'm not around (buying anymore)...and i'm doing great keeping my hard earned $$$ and avoid being insulted by the lack of profissionalism/quality!!!

regards

“Actually, with the stunning success of Superman/Batman #26 - and I'm warning everyone right now, there are not enough copies being printed and there's a huge number being printed - "

What? confused-smiley-013.gif

There are not enough copies being printed ... and there's a huge number being printed .....

Um .... confused.gif

Man, I'm so tired of the Marvel bashing lately. On the flip side, after seeing this travesty of a comic, it's hard to defend.

Bring Onslaught back? Lame. Surprised he hasn't resurfaced since? Give me a break. This smells like they are banking off of AoA's 10 year resuscitation. Pretty soon we will get the Spider-Clone Saga revisited.

Pffft

Pat

For shame that somebody has a different art style .....

I really don't mind Liefeld's art. It's better than that Manga [embarrassing lack of self control].

His art is so out of poportion it's not even funny. The only Reborn series that was any good was Fantastic Four by Jim Lee, just because the art was good and it took more than 15 minutes to read.

I love Marvel too, but this is an abosolute travesty. LIEFELD YOU SUCK!!!

Ok. So I never read the Onslaught stories or Heroes Reborn, but I checked out the appropriate wiki pages.

Am I correct in assuming that the whole thing failed solely because many thought it was a bad idea to reimagine the lives of various marvel heroes?

Am I correct in assuming that the whole thing failed solely because many thought it was a bad idea to reimagine the lives of various marvel heroes?

That had someting to do with it...but the overriding reason it failed in my opinion is because they were pretty awful comics on the whole (with the exception of one). Liefeld's two entries, Capt America and Avengers, were essentially unreadable. And it didn't get any better when he was fired midway through...

Lee's entries, FF and Iron Man, were better. But FF lacked originality and was generally a lame rehash of the SA stories. Nice Lee art though. I liked IM and thought it was the best of the bunch and better than the Teen Tony storyline it replaced in normal continuity.

It didn't help either that the entire line was habitually late with a wait of three months or so for some issues...

Jim