• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10 BIN, less than half-Guide

20 posts in this topic

Everything posted will be $10: some singles, some lots. Most will be Silver Age, all will be less than 50% Overstreet. Up to 4 books can be shipped in the US Priority Mail flat rate envelope for $4.05. A similar number of books can go to Canada via Global Priority for $7.50. Other places, we'll figure out on a case-by-case basis.

First up is Brave & Bold 61, the Silver Age revival of Golden Age greats Starman and Black Canary. This issue is also the first SA appearance of Starman adversary The Mist, who later played a significant role in James Robinson's 1990s Starman series. The issue sports a classic cover and interior art by the great MURPHY ANDERSON. The book is is VERY GOOD condition. In addition to the spine wear and overall cover wear, please note this is a subscription copy, with the characteristic lengthwise crease along the middle of the cover.

bb61.jpg

The companion piece, Brave & Bold 62. This issue is also the first SA appearance of sometime-JSA member Wildcat. More cover and art by the great MURPHY ANDERSON. The book is is VERY GOOD PLUS condition. Note this too is a subscription copy, with the characteristic lengthwise crease along the middle of the cover.

bb62.jpg

From 1966: Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and Alan Scott team up in an Earth-One, Earth-Two adventure. Great GIL KANE art on this one. Condition is VERY GOOD PLUS. Apart from the color breaking crease at the bottom right hand corner, there is also a quarter-inch tear on the back cover.

gl45.jpg

You've seen these before, previously priced at $5 each. This time around $10 takes 'em all. (Shipping extra, as noted above)

All of these have DEADMAN back-up strips by NEAL ADAMS. Excellent front covers by NICK CARDY. Aquaman interior artwork by JIM APARO. Some foxing stains. 50 is in VERY GOOD condition.

1155264-aqua50.jpg

51 is in VERY GOOD PLUS condition with foxing.

1155272-aqua51.jpg

52 is not as nice condition, perhaps GOOD PLUS. Foxing stains here too, and note the chip out on the spine.

1155279-aqua52.jpg

From 1967: An 80 Page Giant in VERY GOOD condition. Some wear at spine, typical for these 80 Page Giants. In fact, the top half-inch of the spine is split. The book is still 100% sound structurally. There is some foxing staining evident along the left edge of the front cover, and quite evident on the back cover. Among the reprints in the issue is a MLLE. MARIE story drawn by the great MORT DRUCKER, in his pre-MAD Magazine days.

rock177.jpgrock177bc.jpg

Another group of previous BIN rejects recycled as a lowprice lot-- but this time I've added a new book to the mix. Grab 'em all for $10 plus shipping.

SOLD! Detective 423 Iconic cover by MIKE KALUTA. Book is in FINE MINUS condition. Top edge wear, bottom right hand corner crunch, plus a chip out of the spine at the top left hand corner (may not be visible in the scan).

SOLD! Detective 422 FINE condition-- wear along the top. The Grand Comic Database credits this cover to Neal Adams & Giordano, but Neal doesn't claim it on his web site. Looks like it could be solo Giordano to me.

SOLD! Detective 427 KALUTA cover. 'QUALIFIED' VERY FINE: top staple is pulled.

1171209-tec423.jpg.c6f99edfe0d4372944bbf3c52ac3d819.jpg

Another group of previous BIN rejects recycled as a lowprice lot-- but this time I've added a new book to the mix. Grab 'em all for $10 plus shipping.

Detective 423 Iconic cover by MIKE KALUTA. Book is in FINE MINUS condition. Top edge wear, bottom right hand corner crunch, plus a chip out of the spine at the top left hand corner (may not be visible in the scan).

1171209-tec423.jpg

Detective 422 FINE condition-- wear along the top. The Grand Comic Database credits this cover to Neal Adams & Giordano, but Neal doesn't claim it on his web site. Looks like it could be solo Giordano to me.

1155255-tec422_60dpi.jpg

Detective 427 KALUTA cover. 'QUALIFIED' VERY FINE: top staple is pulled.

1155253-tec427_50dpi.jpg

takeit.gif Wow childhood memories..427 was one of my favorite books. Read it till it fell apart. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My personal favorite - as you can tell from my avatar. But its funny, I don't remember writing my name on your copy...

Larry

27_laughing.gif.................... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ................ confused-smiley-013.gif I don't get it sorry.gif

1171237-adv438.jpg.c4258fcf456845f9ea71bee7fcf09e3b.jpg

OK, I may not be under 50% Guide for this book, but it is a classic I don't mind hanging on to. $10. Retro-Golden Age cover by JIM APARO, who also did the Batman story inside. First MANHUNTER by ARCHIE GOODWIN and WALT SIMONSON. Book is in FINE PLUS condition. Upper right hand corner ding, plus some slight dirt or smeared ink on the DC bullet. This is a MARK JEWELERS' INSERT copy.

tec437.jpg

A lot of Batman issues I scanned for another deal that didn't work out. Take 'em all for $10 plus shipping.

Batman 249 FINE MINUS

bat249.jpg

Batman 250 FINE MINUS

bat250.jpg

Batman 272 FINE

bat272.jpg

Batman 287 FINE

bat287.jpg

SOLD! A couple of books, both strong FINE, maybe FINE PLUS. Each has a Spectre story by the team of Ernie Chua and Jim Aparo. (Aparo did the inks). 438 has a backup AQUAMAN story drawn by a young MIKE GRELL. 439 has a lost Golden Age Seven Soldiers of Victory -script that was never drawn until the 1970s. This issue has 2 chapters of that story, one of which is a SHINING KNIGHT short, illustrated by HOWARD CHAYKIN. Take 'em both away for $10 plus shipping.

Another lot for $10 plus shipping. Each issue is part of the classic run written by STEVE ENGLEHART and drawn by the MARSHALL ROGERS and TERRY AUSTIN team. 472 features HUGO STRANGE as the villain, 473 has the PENGUIN.

Each of these books is in FINE condition. Note 473 has distributors' overspray along the top edge (near the middle).

tec472.jpg

tec473.jpg

A couple of books, both strong FINE, maybe FINE PLUS. Each has a Spectre story by the team of Ernie Chua and Jim Aparo. (Aparo did the inks). 438 has a backup AQUAMAN story drawn by a young MIKE GRELL. 439 has a lost Golden Age Seven Soldiers of Victory -script that was never drawn until the 1970s. This issue has 2 chapters of that story, one of which is a SHINING KNIGHT short, illustrated by HOWARD CHAYKIN. Take 'em both away for $10 plus shipping.

adv437.jpg

adv438.jpg

takeit.gif

Just a few more books here to hopefully clear out:

3 late 1970s/ early 1980s Batman books. Take all 3 for $10 plus shipping.

Batman 312 with cover and interior art by WALT SIMONSON. Condition is FINE/VERY FINE.

Bat312.jpgBat312bc.jpg

Batman 321 with cover and interior art by WALT SIMONSON. Condition is VERY FINE PLUS.

bat321.jpgbat321bc.jpg

Batman Annual 8. TREVOR VON EEDEN artwork. This one has a Ras al Ghul appearance. Condition is VERY FINE / NEAR MINT.

BatAnn.jpgBatAnnbc.jpg

Since this was originally intended to be a Silver Age thread, let's end it with one: the first MURPHY ANDERSON illustrated Hawkman from Mystery in Space 87. Murph did the cover and interiors for the Hawkman story here. Adam Strange also appears, illustrated by CARMINE INFANTINO. There is even a semi-crossover between the two strips, rare for DC back then.

Condition is GOOD PLUS. The spine and front & back cover wear should be evident in the scans. The staples are both a bit loose, but are holding the book together and are in no immediate danger of popping out.

mis87.jpg

mis87bc.jpg