• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead....Over

61 posts in this topic

WOW, this is fun to read. I agree, demand vs. supply. More and more people I know are coming back to comics just because of TWD! Unless we get into the 800K range (Print Run) like some valiant 90's issues prices will keep going up. The first 1-27 1st prints will be golden for years to come along with other key issues. I love this series and would not part with them for anything right now! If it reaches 300 issues I will be so happy. Some day Rick Grimes and Michonne will be household names like Spiderman and Wolverine

I just sold a run of 1-7, missing 6, but with issues 2-7 signed by Kirkman and Moore for $620.

Yes, that's right $620. Look up the completed auctions for brettsstuff (me) from last week. The guy paid instantly.

The Walking Dead is one of my favorite current series, but for the love of all that's holy, I'll take the money and a friggin TPB.

were these the weekly??

WOW, this is fun to read. I agree, demand vs. supply. More and more people I know are coming back to comics just because of TWD! Unless we get into the 800K range (Print Run) like some valiant 90's issues prices will keep going up. The first 1-27 1st prints will be golden for years to come along with other key issues. I love this series and would not part with them for anything right now! If it reaches 300 issues I will be so happy. Some day Rick Grimes and Michonne will be household names like Spiderman and Wolverine

That might be a little bit optimistic...but I don't think the bottom is going to fall out anytime soon, like many people are thinking.

Jim

And...comic book collecting fan base isn't nearly as large as it was in the '90s, as evidenced by the ever-shrinking print runs. It won't take 800k copies to kill the collectibility of the book. 100k and it's over.

Theres quite a few people reading trade paperbacks and possibly digital comics now....what % of those readers would it take it to make a low print run modern comic a hot commodity? I think we have our answer.

Theres quite a few people reading trade paperbacks and possibly digital comics now....what % of those readers would it take it to make a low print run modern comic a hot commodity? I think we have our answer.

We do? Well, what % is it? :juggle:

The biggest question I'm grappling with right now, is whether or not to sell the 9.8 graded copy of issue #1 that I have. After watching 2 of them go for well into the $300 range, it's hard not to put it up for sale. Nevermind the 9.6 graded copy of issue #2 that I have.

Sell now while it's hot. You simply can't lose. The book could peak at $400 in CGC 9.8, but most likely it's already reached it's top price. Nine times out of ten, when books blow up in price like The Walking Dead 1-5 have, they'll come right back down to earth within a year.

Sure they have low print runs, but so does every other book these days and almost every copy has been preserved in NM or better condition.

I'm one of the biggest TWD fans on this board. I may never sell this Walking Dead collectible, but I sold off all my single issues last month. I'm happy with the TPBs and a pile of cash.

I disagree. I think the people who own this now should go against the tide and hang on to it for a few years. Hell, I bet in a few years it's going to be worth many times what it is now and people will be screaming, "These prices are crazy! sell sell sell!" just like they are now.

You are answering a post from 6 years ago.

I know. I was being a smarta** and pretending I was answering his post 6 years ago.

The biggest question I'm grappling with right now, is whether or not to sell the 9.8 graded copy of issue #1 that I have. After watching 2 of them go for well into the $300 range, it's hard not to put it up for sale. Nevermind the 9.6 graded copy of issue #2 that I have.

Sell now while it's hot. You simply can't lose. The book could peak at $400 in CGC 9.8, but most likely it's already reached it's top price. Nine times out of ten, when books blow up in price like The Walking Dead 1-5 have, they'll come right back down to earth within a year.

Sure they have low print runs, but so does every other book these days and almost every copy has been preserved in NM or better condition.

I'm one of the biggest TWD fans on this board. I may never sell this Walking Dead collectible, but I sold off all my single issues last month. I'm happy with the TPBs and a pile of cash.

I disagree. I think the people who own this now should go against the tide and hang on to it for a few years. Hell, I bet in a few years it's going to be worth many times what it is now and people will be screaming, "These prices are crazy! sell sell sell!" just like they are now.

I know. I was being a smarta** and pretending I was answering his post 6 years ago.

It's my fault. I often mistake smart@ss for dumb@ss

Uhhh....you got me being a .....i have no math or actual studies to back this up. I just feel that print runs don't define the amount of collectors. Comics are just too $$$ to get every single book.

It's my fault. I often mistake smart@ss for dumb@ss

I'm not taking the bait, Ginger.

That is funny stuff. That is what they said back in the 80's with TMNT and I recall making my own sword and turtle suit until playmates decided to make them. You never know! When the world goes to Hell the only comic people will collect is TWD and use them as survial guides.....lol

Household names like spider-man and wolverine?

lol little kids running around with samurai swords pretending to cut each others wangs off...IM MICHONNE!!!

That is just pure comedy gold right there folks :thumbsup: I can't stop laughing.

Jim

Uhhh....you got me being a .....i have no math or actual studies to back this up. I just feel that print runs don't define the amount of collectors. Comics are just too $$$ to get every single book.

They don't, but the supply side is as important as the demand side.