• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kazanda the Wild Girl- Interesting 1940's Australian GGA

7 posts in this topic

While sorting through some boxes in a seemingly vain attempt to organize my life, I came across this interesting 1970 reprint of Brodie Mack's Kazanda stories. This is the same character that was later featured in Fiction House's Rangers Comics, though I don't know if those were reprints or new stories. I thought some of the GGA-hounds here on the GA board would find it interesting. I'll post one interior page for now, but if people would like to see more I'll do some more scanning:

kazanda_01_s.jpg

kazanda_01b_s.jpg

kazanda_int_s.jpg

I'd love to hear a bit more about this character and her creators. There a little info about Brodie Mack online, but I'm still not sure if Kazanda first appeared (in Australia) in comics or as a strip.

In Alter Ego 51 they have an article about the history of Australian comics. They mention that the Kazanda stories were reprinted by Fiction House.