• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APRIL FOOLS WINNERS # 2 and # 1

19 posts in this topic

Well you've all waited very patiently and it's been a Blast.

I considered waiting until tomorrow night but since these threads/results kept flowing ahead of schedule I'm going ahead and giving you the FINALS.

The reason I am showing you both covers at the same time is, by now most of you have a pretty good idea of which deserving covers are left that haven't been mentioned. So by telling you the second place winner you'll easily figure out the first place winner.

So here they are back to back sharing the same thread.

1173930-envelopeplease.jpg

# 2 STAR TREK # 5 - receiving 172 points.

I'm going to let scheradon tell you why he nominated this cover.

This is my all time favorite cover. I especially love the way the image of spock was reversed on the cover making his emblem appear on the wrong side of his uniform. This sort of graphic layout decision was most likely attributed to the editor of Western Publishing at the time, Ben Dover. His editorial duties consisted of which photographs to use for the covers, and here his eye for detail really shines. thumbsup2.gif

1172610-st5.jpg

And the # 1 cover is FRUITMAN SPECIAL 1 -receiving a grand total of 228 votes.

Obviously the only two covers that had a chance of catching this one in votes was Star Trek 5 and Hulk KS 1, but you the voters have spoken and their can be no denying the results. This was a shocker, to me and ComicBookGuy.

Every night we stood by and watched this book climb to meteoric heights.

We wanted to step in and do something but hey, what can you do.

1172690-fruitmanspecial1.jpg

Anyways its been a blast. Special thanks to ComicBookGuy, and to all that participated. Kudos to Paris_Fred for the mirrored websites. thumbsup2.gif

That about does it for me. I'm bushed and turning in for the night.

Kudos to both Mica and CBG for all the work that went into this contest!

Though right now the thing I'm most impressed with (and also a bit saddened by) is how many of us are stuck to our computers on a Friday night geeking out over 40-year old comic book covers. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm eager to learn the Top 2. So far 8 of my 10 pics have shown up in the Top 35. And I think i have a good shot of 9-for-10.

That doesn't mean i have good taste, of course, just that i think like a lemming... yay.gif

I knew it was off, but I read anyway because I happen to like that particular Star Trek cover and was thinking that they were posting real comments by Scheradon.

yay.gifyay.gif

Woohoo my Star Trek nomination made the top two!!

What a great photo cover with Spock and Captain Kirk. Just look at the intensity on each of their faces...Kirby, Ditko, and Steranko could never capture this kind of emotion. Great classic cover! thumbsup2.gif

I'm eager to learn the Top 2. So far 8 of my 10 pics have shown up in the Top 35. And I think i have a good shot of 9-for-10.

That doesn't mean i have good taste, of course, just that i think like a lemming... yay.gif

ASM #50 and SS #4.

There is no way these covers would have missed out on the top 35 and neither have appeared yet... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And the # 1 cover is FRUITMAN SPECIAL 1 -receiving a grand total of 228 votes.

Obviously the only two covers that had a chance of catching this one in votes was Star Trek 5 and Hulk KS 1, but you the voters have spoken and their can be no denying the results. This was a shocker, to me and ComicBookGuy.

Every night we stood by and watched this book climb to meteoric heights.

We wanted to step in and do something but hey, what can you do.

1172690-fruitmanspecial1.jpg

I know I voted for it several times 893applaud-thumb.gif

It also has awesome interior work.

No, really! You should read it cloud9.gif