• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman 1 Gold sells for $1500

33 posts in this topic

BTW - anyone know anything about this?

Was it a convention special? 2003? Is it a new drawing?

the dealer doesn't ship outside US... damn frown.gif

New MM Print

mm.jpg

Hey guys,

I e-mailed Garry's art dealer(he's a friend of his too that does stuff for 2000 A.D.), so maybe he might know something. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

BTW - anyone know anything about this?

Was it a convention special? 2003? Is it a new drawing?

the dealer doesn't ship outside US... damn frown.gif

New MM Print

mm.jpg

Hey guys,

I e-mailed Garry's art dealer(he's a friend of his too that does stuff for 2000 A.D.), so maybe he might know something. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

This piece was done in 2003 for SD Comic Con. It was at the same show that Garry sold the MM#1 cover for $1500. It might have been a recreation...I was told by some that it was the original, and others that it was a recreation. Anyhow, I was at the show and totally missed even seeing it.

From what I understand, this print did not sell well. My LCS bought up all the remaining stock direct from Garry at the end of the show. I got my print from my LCS after the show.

Hope that helps.

Felix

This piece was done in 2003 for SD Comic Con. It was at the same show that Garry sold the MM#1 cover for $1500.

Thank you very much Felix

Hey, can't believe the original art for the no.1 cover went for just $1500 !!! 893whatthe.gif Sure it wasn't $15,000?

This piece was done in 2003 for SD Comic Con. It was at the same show that Garry sold the MM#1 cover for $1500.

Hey, can't believe the original art for the no.1 cover went for just $1500 !!! 893whatthe.gif Sure it wasn't $15,000?

You're welcome, Ewan.

Like I said, it may have been a recreation. I didn't see it before it sold and I was told conflicting stories by other collectors. But the price was $1500. Funny thing, just a few short years ago, I would never have dreamed of spending $1500 on a piece of art, even if it was the original cover! Now, I wouldn't even think twice about it...

BTW, I think I paid $40 for the print from my LCS so 10 pounds is a much better deal!

You're welcome, Ewan.

Like I said, it may have been a recreation. I didn't see it before it sold and I was told conflicting stories by other collectors. But the price was $1500. Funny thing, just a few short years ago, I would never have dreamed of spending $1500 on a piece of art, even if it was the original cover! Now, I wouldn't even think twice about it...

BTW, I think I paid $40 for the print from my LCS so 10 pounds is a much better deal!

I've heard that it was a re-creation as well. I'll dig around and see if i can find anymore info on it.

Informative thread!

Going through my collection, found a blue variant in beautiful condition. Went to the San Diego comicon a couple times in the mid 80's so must have picked it up there, but might have ordered from Eclipse.

Looking on the OSPG website, I don't see these variants listed though.

Guys

Did you all see the Miracleman Gold PGX graded at 9.6? Went for $615 / £314 last night - which I think is a great price for the buyer. I went to $500 but got outbid - mostly because it finished in the middle of the night.

I've never bought a PGX before - but they recognise this variant and cert the certficate too. Nice book eh?

MM Gold PGX 9.6

mm1g.jpg