• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - I am converting to Scientology

193 posts in this topic

Why don't you guys believe me? I'm serious.

Perhaps you should've announced your conversion on April 2nd....

It's a total coincedence that it occurred today.

My family acted the same way. This is nuts. Why doesn't anyone believe me? Christo_pull_hair.gif

My family acted the same way. This is nuts. Why doesn't anyone believe me? Christo_pull_hair.gif

hi.gif

I'd like to talk you out of it.

As someone who has come under fire for their religious beliefs. I say we cut him some slack. PAN THE GOAT GOD!!!, in his magnamity has decreed that religious tolerance is next to Goatliness.

The Satynalia is going great though it looks like rain. Justs give the rest of us Panotologists something to wrestle in. Don't forget at 1:00 AM to change your clocks and sacrifice a virgin!!!!

hi.gif

I'd like to talk you out of it.

Why? I'm perfectly happy now. For months I have been questioning life, and now things are making sense.

Of course I believe you. crazy.gif Perhaps the problem is that you're suddenly announcing this massive, transcendent personal change on an internet message board without any prior mention of it or even vague hint as to your plans.

Unless I didn't get the memo. tongue.gif

I believe you. Now, does anyone want to join my Church of Babe-ology? confused.gif

I believe you. Now, does anyone want to join my Church of Babe-ology? confused.gif

I'm in. yay.gif

The GOAT LORD, in his goaty goodness, said I could attend services occasionally. So, I am in. grin.gif

Of course I believe you. crazy.gif Perhaps the problem is that you're suddenly announcing this massive, transcendent personal change on an internet message board without any prior mention of it or even vague hint as to your plans.

As I stated before, I have been thinking about this for months. I have not said anything about it for fear of the reaction I would get. Since my wife and family took this quite badly, I thought I could get support from some of you guys. I see that I am clearly mistaken.

As I stated before, I have been thinking about this for months. I have not said anything about it for fear of the reaction I would get. Since my wife and family took this quite badly, I thought I could get support from some of you guys. I see that I am clearly mistaken.

I hope things work out for you.

I hope things work out for you.

Thank you. flowerred.gif

I have decided to convert to Scientology. I had to tell someone. My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

I have spent a great number of months thinking about it, and researching, and came to the agreement that this is something I really want to do.

This is not a joke, so please don't make fun of me. For those of you who know me, I realize this will come as a shock to you. I am sorry, but I think it is the best thing for me right now, and I hope I get at least a little support from my fellow board mates.

Thanks,

Alex

So are we going to see any noticeable changes between the pre-Scientologist Alex versus the post?

I have decided to convert to Scientology. I had to tell someone. My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

I have spent a great number of months thinking about it, and researching, and came to the agreement that this is something I really want to do.

This is not a joke, so please don't make fun of me. For those of you who know me, I realize this will come as a shock to you. I am sorry, but I think it is the best thing for me right now, and I hope I get at least a little support from my fellow board mates.

Thanks,

Alex

So are we going to see any noticeable changes between the pre-Scientologist Alex versus the post?

No, not really.

My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

This is the best reason in the world not to do it...what exactly do you have to gain by converting???...

Is it just because you read "Dianetics" .... poke2.gif

My advice is to read any book by Anthony Robbins and live life by his principles....you'll make your family , your wife, and most of all yourself happy...

My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

This is the best reason in the world not to do it...what exactly do you have to gain by converting???...

Is it just because you read "Dianetics" .... poke2.gif

My advice is to read any book by Anthony Robbins and live life by his principles....you'll make your family , your wife, and most of all yourself happy...

I've been reading self-help books and [embarrassing lack of self control] for years now. They don't work. I believe in this stuff. I cannot understand why my family doesn't.

I've been reading self-help books and [embarrassing lack of self control] for years now. They don't work. I believe in this stuff. I cannot understand why my family doesn't.

How are you going to afford to go through each step...some can cost as much as $10K?

Cheaper to go through the AA 12-step program...

Jim

Based on my reading of the church and readings of L Ron hubbard I have serious concerns and issues with them but if this makes you happy then go for it.

Just hope the church does not cost you money!