• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - I am converting to Scientology

193 posts in this topic

I just finished another argument with my wife. She was in tears this time. I really don't understand what the big deal is.

If she's hurting so much don't convert & become an atheist. gossip.gif

I was an atheist to begin with.

Go Agnostic: you don't know and you don't care thumbsup2.gif

I just finished another argument with my wife. She was in tears this time. I really don't understand what the big deal is.

It's the way to go. With so many religions out there, who's to say who is right & who is wrong? Even if 1 is the supreme truth, all else is wrong. Go back to Atheism & forget all this nonsense. Case closed, end of story. yeahok.gif

It's the way to go. With so many religions out there, who's to say who is right & who is wrong? Even if 1 is the supreme truth, all else is wrong. Go back to Atheism & forget all this nonsense. Case closed, end of story. yeahok.gif

i don't want to. I am very happy with my decision. I haven't felt this good in years.

Nothing wrong with a little faith. Be it in a faithsystem created by a cynical Kansan or in a goaty personification of nature and its excesses. It's all good.

Ate too much tonight, I feel almost too bloated for even wine. I better do stretches cause that virigin isn't going to sacrifice herself to PAN THE GOAT GOD!!!! The joy of Goat is just a glass of wine and a naaahaahahhaaaa away!!!

Nothing wrong with a little faith. Be it in a faithsystem created by a cynical Kansan or in a goaty personification of nature and its excesses. It's all good.

Ate too much tonight, I feel almost too bloated for even wine. I better do stretches cause that virigin isn't going to sacrifice herself to PAN THE GOAT GOD!!!! The joy of Goat is just a glass of wine and a naaahaahahhaaaa away!!!

Are you mocking me?

I have decided to convert to Scientology. I had to tell someone. My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

I have spent a great number of months thinking about it, and researching, and came to the agreement that this is something I really want to do.

This is not a joke, so please don't make fun of me. For those of you who know me, I realize this will come as a shock to you. I am sorry, but I think it is the best thing for me right now, and I hope I get at least a little support from my fellow board mates.

Thanks,

Alex

I have some real advice for you.

Sell your collection now while you are not desperate for the money. It'll put you in a much better position to be able to negotiate a better price for it. If you wait until they put the screws to you then you'll end up selling the whole thing for peanuts.

Good luck.

I have decided to convert to Scientology. I had to tell someone. My wife doesn't support me in my decision. My family thinks I've gone nuts.

I have spent a great number of months thinking about it, and researching, and came to the agreement that this is something I really want to do.

This is not a joke, so please don't make fun of me. For those of you who know me, I realize this will come as a shock to you. I am sorry, but I think it is the best thing for me right now, and I hope I get at least a little support from my fellow board mates.

Thanks,

Alex

Sell your collection now while you are not desperate for the money. It'll put you in a much better position to be able to negotiate a better price for it. If you wait until they put the screws to you then you'll end up selling the whole thing for peanuts.

Good luck.

I am not selling my collection. I have yet to read anything that says I have to.

i don't want to. I am very happy with my decision. I haven't felt this good in years.

If making your wife cry & putting your family in disbelief makes you happy, then full steam ahead!!! Woot! Woot! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This isn't easy. Believe me.

Thanks,

Alex

Good luck.

I am not selling my collection. I have yet to read anything that says I have to.

You don't have to, no. The advice is sound, nonetheless.

Imagine you had a friend who was about to begin a herion addiction. Wouldn't you adivse him to sell his possesions while he still had his wits about him and not give it all away for pennies on the dollar when in the throws of a binge?

You'll get much better milage by liquidating now.

Really, I respect your decision, just trying to help. The texts of your religion are not free or even cheap. Neither are the audits. If you're serious about this and not just some flake who is going to dabble you're going to NEED the money at some point. If you play your cards right and sell the collection now you'll be in a much better position to keep the things that are important (house, car, clothing, etc).

The lamest April Fool's joke ever... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

I agree but let's play along. tongue.gif

The lamest April Fool's joke ever... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

I agree but let's play along. tongue.gif

Why do you think this is a joke? This is my [embarrassing lack of self control] life. This isn't a joke