• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #36

113 posts in this topic

Why don't all you people go buy your own copy?! You can preorder on Amazon for the bookstore version for $15.

I did on Ebay, it just hasn't arrived yet! sign-rantpost.gif

So you're just impatient. Gotcha. thumbsup2.gif

If you were in my shoes you'd be impatient also sign-offtopic.gif

I don't have mine yet either makepoint.gif

I won't get it until Monday.

Monday? You sure about that? Amazon says the shipping date is May 9th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375721...5Fencoding=UTF8

That's for the Random House Bookstore edition. I'm having mine shipped from my usual source.

Why don't all you people go buy your own copy?! You can preorder on Amazon for the bookstore version for $15.

I did on Ebay, it just hasn't arrived yet! sign-rantpost.gif

So you're just impatient. Gotcha. thumbsup2.gif

If you were in my shoes you'd be impatient also sign-offtopic.gif

I don't have mine yet either makepoint.gif

I won't get it until Monday.

Monday? You sure about that? Amazon says the shipping date is May 9th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375721...5Fencoding=UTF8

That's for the Random House Bookstore edition. I'm having mine shipped from my usual source.

Ah, I see where I misinterpreted. You never actually said you had ordered from Amazon, you just telling people to do that. Gotcha.

Can someone email me and tell me if a certain name is in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. I really need to know.

Email me and I'll tell them what name to look for.

Big THANKS in advance. thumbsup2.gif

Would that be your name? smile.gif

Mine shipped today and hopefully I will get it early next week.

Someone tell me why half the advertisers don't (a) have a web-site or (b) don't give their eBay ID(like herm2pipes for instance). This is 2006, right?

probably the same reason Milehigh posts 100k comics on ebay with fake scans and unreasonable prices.

Someone tell me why half the advertisers don't (a) have a web-site or (b) don't give their eBay ID(like herm2pipes for instance). This is 2006, right?

I really dislike all the ads. I never look at any of them. But I guess, without them, we wouldn't have a Guide. confused-smiley-013.gif Oh well.

or 05/09/06 for those of us in the US. poke2.gif

Not my fault you guys list the month then the day screwy.gif

That's the correct way. poke2.gif As in, "Today is April 3rd, 2006."

Outside of your 50 states just about every country lists the DAY/MONTH/YEAR.

I was well aware of how the yankees do it. I just like annoying you guys. Hence always spelling favourite with a U.

acclaim.gif

Another thing that usually throws me off when watching soccer matches form various other countries, is that the team listed first (on the left side) is the home team and not the road team as in the States.

Try watching baseball in Japan where they list strikes before balls. Who's ever seen a 2/3 count before?

I was well aware of how the yankees do it. I just like annoying you guys. Hence always spelling favourite with a U.

Actually, my prefered way to write the date is "DAY MONTH, YEAR." hi.gif

That's why we go against the trend and have our ad all about ease of search, items in stock, and quick shipping. acclaim.gifflowerred.gif

Looks like Jonah Hex 1-20 went up nicely. No change in the others. Lots of stuff went up marginally (eg. Mystic #1 3rd series up $1 in GD, Flash 116 up $1 in GD). The later issues of Military Comics which have not gone up for years dropped $2 in GD this year.

Miracleman no change.

Early Katy Keenes up slightly, rest had no movement.

Lots of Amazing Spider-Man issues up about 5%.

Marc

Most of us have, but we can't wait another 2 days for it to arrive. Especially, when others have it already. tongue.gif

Interesting how so many people on these boards will say that the Guide is totally irrevelant, particularly in light of GPA, but then a lot of other people can't wait 2 days for the new copy of the Guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

Actually, the really ironic thing is that that most American of institutions, the US military, uses the day/month/year convention, as well as the metric system.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone email me and tell me if a certain name is in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. I really need to know.

Email me and I'll tell them what name to look for.

Big THANKS in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would that be your name?

Mine shipped today and hopefully I will get it early next week.

shy.gifYou guessed it.

I'm just wondering if I made it in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS this year. I didn't want to say anything because I don't have the GUIDE yet. Besides I'd buy the hardcover if my name is in it. Otherwise its the soft cover. Maybe get a few additional copies for my friends. And if my name is in it, its because of some old comics I pointed out to OS that were missing from the GUIDE.

Since we are on the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT subject. Anyone else expecting to be mentioned.

acclaim.gif

Actually, the really ironic thing is that that most American of institutions, the US military, uses the day/month/year convention, as well as the metric system.

..all I know is today is 04/05/06,...that kind of creeped me out a little,..so just to be on the safe side I hid in my office all day,...and I'm not coming out till my monkey says it's safe,...

..all I know is today is 04/05/06,...that kind of creeped me out a little,..so just to be on the safe side I hid in my office all day,...and I'm not coming out till my monkey says it's safe,...

That's pretty cool, had not noticed that. Of course, since we use the day month year convention here in HK, I won't have to hide until May 4. crazy.gif

I actually chose the Wonderwoman. The Thor cover looked like a 5 year old had drawn it. I went with the Perez Wonder Woman. As far as the Lee Big Book if you dont mind lugging around a book like you did in college than pick that one up.

Went to the comics shop to pick up my copy of the OS guide. Couldn't believe how horrible the Thor cover was. This was the second straight year with a cover by this same artist, and it was even worse than his Iron Man cover from last year.

Unfortuantely, I looked at the Wonder Woman cover and was also not overly impressed with it considering that it was a cover by Perez. From my opinion, this is a very sedate Perez cover and probably one of the most unPerez covers I've seen. With Perez, I guess I am used to seeing the "expansive" artwork with tons of characters as opposed to a close up facial pose of a single character.

Stood at the counter for 10 minutes holding both books in my hands unable to decide which was the lesser of the two evils. Complained to the manager that he should be either offering me a discount or else a copy with a third variant cover. He agreed that ALL of the customers were complaing about the Thor cover, while the WW cover was definitely not one of Perez's classic covers.

Ended up choosing the Thor cover due to the colours and it looks alright if you are standing at least 20 feet away from it. Would have taken the WW cover except there was far too much white on the cover which would end up being smudgy gray after a few months with my dirty fingers. Also, I've always liked Thor as he was one of my favourite characters from the SA.

I think Gemstone should look at changing their primary cover artist for next year and/or coming up with a better design for their secondary cover. Maybe they should have gone with another recreated classic cover such as Superman #14 similar to the 'Tec #31 cover they had a few years ago. Would have lined up nicely with the expected Superman hype coming this year with the Superman movie due out in a few months from now.

Well, to each their own I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that's the board consensus. We all like the Batman one but that's for the booktrade.

I can't believe I picked the Thor recreation over a Perez Wonder Woman but I just didn't like the face. A bit "mannish" somehow?

Like you I actually picked up both and had a tough decision for all the wrong reasons. Ie, which did I dislike least.

I miss the alternate cover being non-superhero too.

Marc