• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide #36

113 posts in this topic

have not received mine yet frown.gif

If anyone is on that has one can you look up two (2)--I promise only 2 books

ASM 252

JIM 89

Any and all help appreciated

I juts looked through it. I noticed I was on page 400 before I even got to the COMICS section. And, looks like the typeface dropped down a point again to fit it all in.. Ironic that as the comics reading ages get older, the type gets harder and harder to read by the core audience... but no big deal.

As for the prices, sure we get as curios as we used to to see what the new Guide price has gone up to. But, speaking for me, its a quicker and quicker read. I dont really glean too much until I eventually update my database and compare last year with this year's price. And, of course, the gUide price is more and more a curiouslty compared to th ereal time data we all access in other places.

or 05/09/06 for those of us in the US. poke2.gif

Not my fault you guys list the month then the day screwy.gif

That's the correct way. poke2.gif As in, "Today is April 3rd, 2006."

Outside of your 50 states just about every country lists the DAY/MONTH/YEAR.

I was well aware of how the yankees do it. I just like annoying you guys. Hence always spelling favourite with a U.

acclaim.gif

Actually, the really ironic thing is that that most American of institutions, the US military, uses the day/month/year convention, as well as the metric system.

..all I know is today is 04/05/06,...that kind of creeped me out a little,..so just to be on the safe side I hid in my office all day,...and I'm not coming out till my monkey says it's safe,...

At 1:02 am this morning it would have been 01,02,03,04,05,06.

I juts looked through it. I noticed I was on page 400 before I even got to the COMICS section.

Yeah, I don't mind a big ad section plus market stuff in front. But I'd rather have the promotional comics list, the pre-GA stuff, etc. at the end. It's distracting to open it up to look something up and see a letter and then realize you're not in the A-Z list you want.

yeah. Frankly, not to open up an old can of worms, but if adding to the Platimnum and promotional comics sections is gonna keep forcing the type smaller and smaller and the GA/SA/BA etc comics sections a smaller % of the whole Guide each year, then Im all for splitting that stuff off into their own Price Guide..... and soon.

Platinum is really an entirely different hobby. (not to mention that there are probably only a few dozen fcollectors either.) Anybody here collecting Jinks, Bringing Up Father and Cupples and Leon books?

Who read the market reports yet?

Really enjoyed Kevin's report. Nice job. Donut's was good as well.

Anybody read DTA's? It reminded me of one of Chuckle's newsletters. It was a riot. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree with you, Kevin's was fantastic. Donuts was an excellent counterpoint to some of the self-serving blather from many of the advisors. Sulipa's was interesting mainly in his comments on grading and how he now stores his inventory in piles.

Marc

Who read the market reports yet?

Really enjoyed Kevin's report. Nice job. Donut's was good as well.

Anybody read DTA's? It reminded me of one of Chuckle's newsletters. It was a riot. 893applaud-thumb.gif