• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those that read House of M...

11 posts in this topic

Spare me the critiques, I've read them all. I'm about ready to form my own opinion as I've caught up in my huge backlog to all the House of M cross overs.

Where does one start? I have most of the various cross overs and mini-series. There a necessary order?

House of M stands alone as Pat said. While I have not read the Spider-Man issues, it appears that HOM affected him most with 'dearly-departed' people still alive in this reality...

Yep, what they said. 27_laughing.gif. The Mini-series is pretty straight forward and stands on its own. The other minis and crossovers just expand on some of the ideas but don't effect the plot of the series at all so even if you don't read them you aren't going to miss anything.

Yeah, just read the main series. The mini's really have nothing to do with the main title, part of the reason so many people didn't like it. The Spider-Man mini was by far the best though.

I tend to disagree. The Spider-man series started out strong but just went south at around the end of issue 3.

I found the Wolverine arc (in the regular series) to be the most interesting. Plus, the artwork was great (if you like Tex).

Pat

Yeah, just read the main series. The mini's really have nothing to do with the main title, part of the reason so many people didn't like it. The Spider-Man mini was by far the best though.

Read only the main series trade paperback. The rest of the junk surrounding this series was junk. Not even remotely good. I didn't even like the Spider-Man series. It all seemed like a big What If story that had no real ramifications in the Marvel U.

Except that now there's only, like, 198 mutants, or something. Big whoop. Who actually cares. That number will go up again, I'm sure.

No More Mutants. Please.

Mike B.

Read only the main series trade paperback. The rest of the junk surrounding this series was junk. Not even remotely good. I didn't even like the Spider-Man series. It all seemed like a big What If story that had no real ramifications in the Marvel U.

Except that now there's only, like, 198 mutants, or something. Big whoop. Who actually cares. That number will go up again, I'm sure.

No More Mutants. Please.

Mike B.

Well, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! 27_laughing.gif Well, have to disagree. The other minis were okay. Not great. Not mind blowing. Just okay. They are enjoyable for what they are. But if you are looking for the meat and potatoes of the story then just stick with the main series. You can still get the individual books kinda cheap on ebay even some of the variant covers.

No More Mutants. Please.

Mike B.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

No More Mutants. Please.

Mike B.

Speaking of the 198, have you guys been reading the other X-titles? They keep mentioning the 198 and shoving it down our throats. I don't even know who is in the 198 are what it's about other than 198 mutants left (but does that count the X-Men too???) Anyways, they are really forcing it in with all these references, it almost makes me wanna pick up the title to see what the talk is about, but then again...............No, it seems like [embarrassing lack of self control] grin.gif

198 is actually one of the better X-titles out right now (behind Deadly Genesis, Astonishing, and X-Factor). In my opinion, it's much better than Uncanny or Volume 2. But that isn't a good comparison.

Pat