• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomato Box BIN's - Certified Original Owner Books

145 posts in this topic

This is a nice copy of this issue . . . love the cover! SOLD

Sorry, I'm late tonight . . . family duties grin.gif

Avengers #97 with a Golden Age Cover by Gil Kane and Bill Everett / Ultra-White pages / $30

Please note the faint ink trail down the center of the FC (production); Also there is light wear and some non-color scuffing to the lower corners of the BC (not visible in scan)

AV97ss.jpg

AV97bss.jpg

STILL AVAILABLE!

I'll put these 4 Thors together, shipping included to anywhere (except Ubekistan 27_laughing.gif) for $50

Go to prior posts to view BC's:

Thor #156 Incredibly White Pages / Miscut FC / Staples to BC / Light spine stress $25

T156Ass.jpg

Thor #166 White Pages $12

Many small defects: Overhang REFC / tiny chip and crease LRFC / Minor spine stress / 1/4" tear LEBC / 3" crease to LLBC

T166Css.jpg

Thor #183 White Pages $15

Bizarre 1" tear to REBC at Hot Wheels logo

T183ss.jpg

Thor #224 Off-White to White Pages / CF detached at top staple / $9

T224ss.jpg

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

STILL AVAILABLE!

I'll put these 4 Thors together, shipping included to anywhere (except Ubekistan 27_laughing.gif) for $50

Thor #156 Incredibly White Pages / Miscut FC / Staples to BC / Light spine stress $25

T156Ass.jpg

Thor #166 White Pages $12

Many small defects: Overhang REFC / tiny chip and crease LRFC / Minor spine stress / 1/4" tear LEBC / 3" crease to LLBC

T166Css.jpg

Thor #183 White Pages $15

Bizarre 1" tear to REBC at Hot Wheels logo

T183ss.jpg

Thor #224 Off-White to White Pages / CF detached at top staple / $9

T224ss.jpg

tongue.gif

Not going any lower on this one . . . cool.gif

PRICE REDUCED TO $50 Shipped!

Stunning Cap #104 White Pages (as white as you can get) / CF detached at lower staple / $60

CA104Ass.jpg

CA104Abss.jpggrin.gif

Cool story. It's interesting to me that the fair price back then was a quarter each, a nice premium to a new comic. This is 1969? Compare that to most of the previous 30 years where a fair price for a used comic was half cover, ie a nickel. So it looks to me like you were part of the changing vibe about back issues. smile.gif

Yeah, when I was 14, I bought a collection of books from a guy in the town next to me. He had put a classified ad in the "Rockville Reminder" This was about 4 boxes (maybe 600 books) of pre-1968 Marvels, about every title starting at #10, except Spider-Man and FF which he was keeping. I did get his seconds in those two titles though. I spent $150 on the books (about two weeks of work in the tobacco fields). When I brought them home, my Mom and Dad just went nuts . . . COMIC BOOKS! You spent $150 on COMIC BOOKS!?! screwy.gif Wasn't the first (or last) time we didn't see eye-to-eye . . . grin.gif

Mebbe so . . . Yes, 1969 hi.gif All I knew was that you couldn't find back issues anywhere . . .

Cool story. It's interesting to me that the fair price back then was a quarter each, a nice premium to a new comic. This is 1969? Compare that to most of the previous 30 years where a fair price for a used comic was half cover, ie a nickel. So it looks to me like you were part of the changing vibe about back issues. smile.gif

Yeah, when I was 14, I bought a collection of books from a guy in the town next to me. He had put a classified ad in the "Rockville Reminder" This was about 4 boxes (maybe 600 books) of pre-1968 Marvels, about every title starting at #10, except Spider-Man and FF which he was keeping. I did get his seconds in those two titles though. I spent $150 on the books (about two weeks of work in the tobacco fields). When I brought them home, my Mom and Dad just went nuts . . . COMIC BOOKS! You spent $150 on COMIC BOOKS!?! screwy.gif Wasn't the first (or last) time we didn't see eye-to-eye . . . grin.gif

Can you exchange the Thor #156 for a different issue? I have #156 already.

Sure . . . hit your browser refresh and tell me what you think . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't want a freakin' warehouse book!!! stooges.gif I just want to see my choices. I still have to wait till the 12th (Wednesday) before I can actually buy anything. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Starting off tonight's offerings are three gorgeous Bronze age books . . . each with one significant flaw . . . sorry.gif

The first is an absolutely stunning copy of Marvel Premiere 18 featuring Iron Fist

Bright white pages / Marvel Value Stamp cut out by Yours Truly / $12

MP18ss.jpg

MP18bss.jpggrin.gif