• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomato Box BIN's - Certified Original Owner Books

145 posts in this topic

Sorry, I'm late tonight . . . family duties grin.gif

Avengers #97 with a Golden Age Cover by Gil Kane and Bill Everett / Ultra-White pages / $30 SOLD

Please note the faint ink trail down the center of the FC (production); Also there is light wear and some non-color scuffing to the lower corners of the BC (not visible in scan)

AV97ss.jpg

AV97bss.jpg

P.S.--How many comics left from your original collection?

And if I missed it, are there any that are just "untouchables" as far as selling them?

Just curious.

Cheers,

Marc

Marc,

Maybe 1200 tomato boxers left 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hard to say as I keep finding a box that I forgot about. I think that many of the "untouchables" have been sold to good homes already. I am keeping my TOS run for as long as I can. grin.gif

But my Avengers #4, Sgt Fury #13, X-Men, Spidey's and Hulks are all gone . . . frown.gif My scan libarary is getting huge though grin.gif

David,

I'm hoping you've got someone in your life who gave you a hard time about buying comics so that you can casually mention you are getting 100x your initial investment!

From age 10 to 14 I didn't buy any DCs either, except for Sgt. Rock and Unknown Soldier. Or as I prefer to think of him, Unknown Soldat. Nazi argot via comics was so fun.

Marc

Yeah, when I was 14, I bought a collection of books from a guy in the town next to me. He had put a classified ad in the "Rockville Reminder" This was about 4 boxes (maybe 600 books) of pre-1968 Marvels, about every title starting at #10, except Spider-Man and FF which he was keeping. I did get his seconds in those two titles though. I spent $150 on the books (about two weeks of work in the tobacco fields). When I brought them home, my Mom and Dad just went nuts . . . COMIC BOOKS! You spent $150 on COMIC BOOKS!?! screwy.gif Wasn't the first (or last) time we didn't see eye-to-eye . . . grin.gif

Marvel Premiere #29 featuring the Liberty Legion / Jack Kirby Cover / White pages / $5

Please note: there is a 3" horizontal crease along the Top edge of the back cover.

MP29ss.jpg

MP29bss.jpg

Avengers Annual (King-Size Special) #3 / Off- White pages / $25 SOLD

All reprints . . . but what reprints they are! Avengers #4 / TOS #66 Origin of the Red Skull and 2 other TOS

AVA3ss.jpg

AVA3bss.jpg

Maybe not nice enough for you B, but I gave it a shot . . .

Cap #163 / White pages / $5 SOLD

Note: Wear to opening corners / 3 horizontal printer's creases to BC

CA163ss.jpg

CA163bss.jpg

Spilled my coffee on the back of this one . . . grin.gif This one must have been on the bottom of a stack . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Fantastic Four #129 / White pages / $8 SOLD

Note: Cover miscut along opening edge / two small coffee-colored stains BC

FF129ss.jpg

FF129bss.jpg

Spilled my coffee on the back of this one . . . grin.gif This one must have been on the bottom of a stack . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Fantastic Four #129 / White pages / $8

Note: Cover miscut along opening edge / two small coffee-colored stains BC

FF129ss.jpg

FF129bss.jpg

takeit.gif

How about a few more FFs before you crash. flowerred.gif

123 & 127?