• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why The Flock is this Forum Turning into a DEALER HAVEN?

72 posts in this topic

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) If I want to buy, I can post here with my WTB lists.

2) If I want to sell specific books that I offer at special prices to forum members with scan, it can go here.

3) If I have a special offer for forum members (which I am about to post) I should put it in the Dealers forum. (Which I would hope people are still checking out, even if they spend more time here.)

Thanks,

Marc

What if I wanted to sell books that were currently in my ebay store. But I wanted to give forum members the ability to purchase them direct with a discount. Ebay would only be a vehicle in which to look at scans, etc.?

That is an EBay sale and you list it in the CGC EBay Forum area so that CGC Forum members can purchase them. If you take them totally off EBay, post scans here and handle the transactions through the CGC Forum, then post them here.

You act as if the EBay, Dealer, Retailer forum is not part of the CGC forums anymore, and I don't even see the question here. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm just asking. confused-smiley-013.gif

Although I don't see how that would be an ebay sale. If I have something on ebay for $30 in the store. There is nothing stopping me from selling it for $20 to someone else offline.

If anything it would be easier to look at everything and have it searchable instead of posting 100 books in 1 thread.

Although I don't see how that would be an ebay sale. If I have something on ebay for $30 in the store. There is nothing stopping me from selling it for $20 to someone else offline.

Of course not, but it's a mindset and a process.

EBay does not even enter into the equation, for scans, links, store listings, etc. You just have some books to sell through the forums. If you just want to post a link to your EBay Store and offer a "forum discount" please do so in the EBay Forum.

On here, EBay does not exist, and neither do dealer site links, consignments or other off-Forum sales vehicles. It's just you and your books.

Of course not, but it's a mindset and a process.

EBay does not even enter into the equation, for scans, links, store listings, etc. You just have some books to sell through the forums.

On here, EBay does not exist, and neither do dealer site links, consignments or other off-Forum sales vehicles. It's just you and your books.

Got'cha thumbsup2.gif

So have we determined what the cut-off is for the definition of a "dealer?"

It sounds like it should be "available nowhere else except this forum for a specific time."

That it doesn't matter if you are a full-time retailer, a part-time dealer, etc. as long as that the item for sale is specifically geared toward forum members and is not available (at the same price) on a Website somewhere or storefront. (Seems specific to online as well as it would be hard to check if someone owned a physical store.)

if everyone just read the description of the thread, we wouldn't have this huge thread. Like JC says it ain't rocket science.

I will be honest though, i never read the ebay board as i find what i need in the wtb forum.

if everyone just read the description of the thread, we wouldn't have this huge thread. Like JC says it ain't rocket science.

I will be honest though, i never read the ebay board as i find what i need in the wtb forum.

Yeah I think they should ban Pirate sumo.gifpoke2.gif

And that is the problem, as this forum is becoming too popular, hence the unwelcome dealer instrusions.

It sounds like it should be "available nowhere else except this forum for a specific time."

Shin, that's pretty much how I'm reading it too.

Just to clear up my interpretation of Arch's description, it entails books posted for sale only on the CGC Forums, for transactions carried out via the CGC Forum, between members registered on the CGC forum, and to complete the agreement to buy without the need to go anywhere outside the CGC Forum.

Basically, everything, from scans to condition to prices to PM contacts, begins and ends here, on the CGC Forums.

Shin, that's pretty much how I'm reading it too.

Just to clear up my interpretation of Arch's description, it entails books posted for sale only on the CGC Forums, for transactions carried out via the CGC Forum, between members registered on the CGC forum, and to complete the agreement to buy without the need to go anywhere outside the CGC Forum.

Basically, everything, from scans to condition to prices to PM contacts, begins and ends here, on the CGC Forums.

Makes sense! thumbsup2.gif

Now being a dealer I always felt the Forum selling section was for forum members only. Now I could argue that I am a forum member but I am a dealer first and would generally only post something for sale in the other thread.

However, would I be guilty if I posted a Wanted to Buy post in this thread? I do like buying from forum members and would hope that forum members seek me out when selling.