• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note on selling and buying here (part 2)

161 posts in this topic

See what I mean? The 893censored-thumb.gif dealers invade this place, and now we're at each other's throats. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had left Darrell alone and this deal was way before the Marketplace schism into the separate forumite-to-forumite and ebay/dealer forums. What october wrote about f'n with people to waste their time doesn't sit well with me. Note I post my ebay auctions in the forum below. Haven't really started a BIN thread here, and have not sold a BIN book until I hijacked DKB's thread.

Well you did a great job of hijacking that thread as usual.

hi.gif Carl

I have had a lot on my plate lately and ithonestly slipped my mind until you send me another pm. I didnt go looking either. My LCS owner offered me the book out of his own collection.

That's fine and I understood and let it go and some of it is just a matter of courtesy expected from these forum deals BUT I sincerely hope October's allegations of purposely wasting seller's times for scan and never having any intention of buying IS a misunderstanding.

okay as friends of both October and svndst...

I am sad to see it comes to this, but it has and now all that can be done is to hope that there hasn't been to much damage done to either party.

I bought the books from October who has been nothing but great to work with, prompt delivery, great grader and always willing to make the best price available. Svndst, whom I talk with frequently, told me he had some serious car issues with his transmission and had to take care of it obviously soon. He told me he was buying some issues from October and was wondering if I could step in and purchase one of the issues as he knew that I was looking for it.

I agreed as I wanted to not only help svndst out but try and make sure that everything still ran smoothly for both of them.

Everyone has a skeleton or 2 in their 'comic closet..maybe some Valiants also... 893whatthe.gif

It is just to bad people jump into the middle of something between 2 people and pass judgement quickly. Both are good guys, and I really hope down the line the fences can be mended... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would just like to say we are having a big party at my house this weekend and my wife bought this big thing of party mix. She told me specifically before she went to bed not to eat any of it that it is for the party and I have eaten a quarter of the container since this thread started. I am in trouble tomorrow morning.

I would just like to say we are having a big party at my house this weekend and my wife bought this big thing of party mix. She told me specifically before she went to bed not to eat any of it that it is for the party and I have eaten a quarter of the container since this thread started. I am in trouble tomorrow morning.

Ron, warm up the car and bring the bag with...24 hour grocery stores...she will never know... yay.gif

You'll be in trouble tonight if you don't hydrate. The salt in that stuff will kill ya!

hi.gif Carl

gossip.gif I'm selling books right NOW in DKB's BIN thread... pass the word gossip.gif

Hey you know that Beyonders copy of ASM 129 ........ poke2.gifyay.gif

Hey, I don't want to rain on what is essentially a serious thread. But man, that was 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

hi.gif Carl

gossip.gif I'm selling books right NOW in DKB's BIN thread... pass the word gossip.gif

Hey you know that Beyonders copy of ASM 129 ........ poke2.gifyay.gif

Man, you'd think this particular copy was the Holy Grail the reverence with which it is spoken about. You was the thrice blessed forumite soul to have had this ultimate deal book imparted on him and I wonder how much he is flipping/flipped it for on eBay already?

I am in trouble tomorrow morning.

If you've eaten 1/4 of a "party mix" container that was big enough to feed a party, then I think your wife's mood is the least of your problems.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I just had another forum member back out on me. This time for the $100+ worth of ASMs that Kermit backed out on AND an eBayer stiffed me on. Get this, he cited car troubles.

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the nearest wall. UNINGBELIEVABLE.