• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note on selling and buying here (part 2)

161 posts in this topic

I'm guessing that PM came before Andy noticed him posting WTB threads and BINS in other's threads. In reading Andy's initial post it appears he was willing to accept the car situation for Darrell backing out but got a little pizzed after seeing continued buying elsewhere.

Just how I read it anyways.

Glad someone else can read on here 893applaud-thumb.giftongue.gif looking for 9.8s huh... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was going to stop commenting until I read Buck's post and I thought to myself, what or who is he referring to?

Not you.

Comment about the total junk in threads -- I guess my feeling is that people can put up total junk, it just won't sell, if it does sell, then someone wanted it. What's that saying? One man's trash is another's treasure... If you feel I or someone else is clogging up the Marketplace with trash, then don't bid. But what would you like to see? I've noticed that it's the books that are less expensive that tend to move.

I consider books from 90's junk. I am thinking that if someone starts posting this stuff then others will and before you know it everybody is posting it. Then we have a marketplace flooded with diecut and hologram covers. Sorry if I upset people.

Then again, it is amarketplace so post away. I'll just avoid it. A simple solution.

Grading is loose -- I don't agree with this generalization. I think that I'm pretty accurate and tight. I think divad is. So is GA Collectibles, and I've always been happy with the Beyonder's grading. Nikos is always spot on. I think we've had the most volume of BINs lately... Who are these loose graders that leave you scratching your head?

There has been enough of dragging of names out. If I named the few names then we'll get the ball rolling for a complete meltdown. I will say this however, the people you listed are good graders. No worries with them.

Now Foolkiller, How about that total on my books? wink.gif

I consider books from 90's junk.

Sorry but just because you consider anything released in the 90's as "junk" doesn't mean everyone else here does. I collect everything from the Silver Age to the latest moderns and i like seeing a variety of books being sold. There were some great books in the 90's and im still actively looking for a few.

Sorry but just because you consider anything released in the 90's as "junk" doesn't mean everyone else here does. I collect everything from the Silver Age to the latest moderns and i like seeing a variety of books being sold. There were some great books in the 90's and im still actively looking for a few.

Sorry if I upset people.

Then again, it is amarketplace so post away. I'll just avoid it. A simple solution.

Like I said in my post. Sorry if I upset poeple. Comes down to personal likes and dislikes. I'm glad you like them and read them. flowerred.gif

Then I provided my own solution in

"I'll just avoid it. A simple solution".

Sorry if I upset people.

Like I said in my post. Sorry if I upset poeple. Comes down to personal likes and dislikes. I'm glad you like them and read them. flowerred.gif

Then I provided my own solution in

"I'll just avoid it. A simple solution".

That's cool. We all have different tastes and there is nothing wrong with that.

The CGC forums have gotten too popular...too many people here you don't know...too many worthless posters...we're a victim of our own success...the Golden Age of the forums has come and gone. frown.gif

Andy and I were just talking about this a week ago. I have only been registered here a year and a half but visited the forums for almost a year before siging up. In looking back the forum seems to have really changed about 6 mths ago.

sign-rantpost.gif

Yep, time to check who registered about 6 months ago! 27_laughing.gif

These were never books that were offered to the public. We were talking via pm's about Adams and October brought it up.

The book that he is talking about now is the Teen Titans 34 variant. That is a $10 book. I can not go out to lunch one day and save $10.

Something didn't quite ring true about your statement.

In any event, whether a deal was done publicly or offline doesn't make any difference. If you stiffed Andy on an agreed deal, you stiffed Andy on an agreed deal. The fact that the books you apparently stiffed him on were pretty small change (the 2 Ultimate X-Men that you said you would take in the thread I've linked to, along with the $10 "cost of a lunch" book) makes you look even worse, in my opinion. Maybe you should just have skipped the lunch, rather than get your reputation shot to hell here.

The books that were in question were never listed in that thread. You have no [embarrassing lack of self control] idea what you are talking about. I still wanted the Ultimate X-men books.

1. Did you or did you not hit the BIN on the 2 Ultimate X-Mens?

2. If you did, then did you or did you not follow up and buy the books from Andy?

3. I`m guessing you didn`t, because otherwise why is he relisting them in a new thread?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I also want to point out the fact that Andy has yet to mention that I set up a buyer on the deal. The book still sold.

Let me get this straight, you want credit for arranging for a book, which you had already agreed to buy, to be bought by somebody else? In other words, you want kudos for doing something you were obligated to do all along? Give me a [embarrassing lack of self control] break.

And you still stiffed him on the Teen Titans. So you stiffed Andy on 3 out of 4 books, and want credit for not stiffing him on 4 out of 4? screwy.gif

The CGC forums have gotten too popular...too many people here you don't know...too many worthless posters...we're a victim of our own success...the Golden Age of the forums has come and gone. frown.gif

Andy and I were just talking about this a week ago. I have only been registered here a year and a half but visited the forums for almost a year before siging up. In looking back the forum seems to have really changed about 6 mths ago.

sign-rantpost.gif

Yep, time to check who registered about 6 months ago! 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

In my opinion, January 28, 2005 was when the forums really started turning to total shiite. Might just be me though. confused-smiley-013.gif

clearly, that timeframe presents some problems

Gotta agree with anfield on this one Buck. Your inital statement is elitest. There is room for all comic book ages in the forum, the marketplace included.

For the most part the forum bins are an opportunity to fill in holes in someone's collection. The bins usually are not for key books or for big money books. Who is gonna part with those type of books at the bargin prices that most bins are going for?

To me the bins have been almost like trading as several forumites are selling while they are also buying from someone else at the same time.

Finally, I'll take the grading here versus ebay any day. There could be a couple of not-so-skilled graders here too....I just haven't bought from them yet, i.e. props to everyone I've bought from so far. thumbsup2.gif

You walked away from a Bats 612 sketch variant deal we had. Fortunately blutobc ended up with it off an ebay best offer for slightly less but it does take time to set it up with you and then set it up on ebay and wait for auction to run its course when you backed out.

And a fine comic it was too. His loss and my gain. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Minimum 9.6 book. thumbsup2.gif

Gotta agree with anfield on this one Buck. Your inital statement is elitest. There is room for all comic book ages in the forum, the marketplace included.

I agree. My statement was elitest. Thanks for pointing it out. thumbsup2.gif

Andy --

I know you and I have a good relationship on the boards, but my question after reading the PM you sent Darrell is, you did not express how upset you were to him in the PM, and then launched this thread some time afterwards. What happened in between? Is it overall frustration? I just want to clarify and try to be fair. My experiences with Darrell have been good.

There were plenty of PMs after that. The PM he posted was an initial response that came before him hitting BINs, asking for scans, and posting WTB threads...the things that I took as a slap in the face.

good point. I'm really worried that this year, my first full year in government work, the AMT is going to kill us. Last year, because I switched jobs after I had already paid all my SS for the year and then had to pay it again, we still got a decent refund despite the AMT obliterating like $4K of it.

back in the old days when i was single and overpaid I knew I could always count on a nice $5-$10K refund check. no longer.