• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note on selling and buying here (part 2)

161 posts in this topic

I am going to make a recommendation here to Darrell that he try and work this out with Andy via PM.

motion seconded.

so approved.

next!

Would anyone like to hear my side of the story?

Feel free to post, but what bugged me most is this line:

he said that most of his scan requests were just him "king with the person".

You walked away from a Bats 612 sketch variant deal we had. Fortunately blutobc ended up with it off an ebay best offer for slightly less but it does take time to set it up with you and then set it up on ebay and wait for auction to run its course when you backed out. You told me you found it at your LCS instead; after we had made the deal and went thru the motions. And I understood, was ticked but let it go b/c you were new but now I find out you were deliberately wasting my time as well as fellow sellers I respect- I might as well put you on my forum blocked buyer list 893naughty-thumb.gif

You walked away from a Bats 612 sketch variant deal we had. Fortunately blutobc ended up with it off an ebay best offer for slightly less but it does take time to set it up with you and then set it up on ebay and wait for auction to run its course when you backed out. You told me you found it at your LCS instead; after we had made the deal and went thru the motions. And I understood, was ticked but let it go b/c you were new but now I find out you were deliberately wasting my time as well as fellow sellers I respect- I might as well put you on my forum blocked buyer list 893naughty-thumb.gif

yeah, but you're kind of a jerk. you probably deserved it. troll.

poke2.gif

I am going to make a recommendation here to Darrell that he try and work this out with Andy via PM.

It's way past that point. I have written off the transaction and the books are no longer for sale. This thread has NOTHING to do with working it out. It has to do with informing other forum members about what has been going on, all of whom deserve to know when they are being screwed with. I have said my peace. Now he can say his and we can leave it at that. As always, people can draw their own conclusions.

I paid $10 for the 612. You wanted over 30 if i can remember. I also do not remember ever saying that i wanted it. You sent the scan, I asked how much, and i said I would think about it.

poke2.gif

Hater! hi.gif

poke2.gif

mad.gif nobody trash talks my forum Arch-nemesis like that and gets away with it. Find your own personal Troll to tell off tongue.gifboo.gifsumo.gif

poke2.gif

mad.gif nobody trash talks my forum Arch-nemesis like that and gets away with it. Find your own personal Troll to tell off tongue.gifboo.gifsumo.gif

gossip.gif

poke2.gif

damn, son. don't hate on me, hate the guy taking food out your troll's babies' mouths. and such.

'sides, my favourite beverage is haterade

poke2.gif

damn, son. don't hate on me, hate the guy taking food out your troll's babies' mouths. and such.

Ah Sal again your sig line rings true stooges.gif

I'll only say that in the transaction I had with Darrell he paid promptly and did not tell me about ever backing out.

He's offered to buy some other books from me... but I'm bothered that he backed out on both Carl and Andy. This is a small hobby and a small community... the forum auctions can stay fun if we all are working together as a community to keep them that way.

I paid $10 for the 612. You wanted over 30 if i can remember. I also do not remember ever saying that i wanted it. You sent the scan, I asked how much, and i said I would think about it.

I have PMs:

I'll ask for $30 with priority shipping ($25 + $5); $27 via media mail ($25 + $2)...

you can paypal or send a personal check/cash to:

Carl De La Cruz

6869 Ridge Water Ct

Centreville, VA 20121-5711

I'm calling this an easy 9.4, possible 9.6 if CGC'd; if you get it and are unhappy for any reason, please send the book back and I'll refund you or work something out ( I do have another copy which IMO is close enough in condition to the one I'm going to send you.)

I have hi-res scans that I can provide for you via email or post it on the boards; however you would like - but honestly, scans of a B&W sketch cvr will not give you much more info than I'm divulging except for seeing the corners and spine for yourself

Thanks and I'm glad I can help you finish off you Bats Hush run

Then you left me hanging and I had to send you another PM to see if you still wanted it. If you have a deal in the works or completed, have the courtesy to inform the other party that you have found it elsewhere. But IMO, if you have a deal in the works, you really shouldn't be looking elsewhere unless you have resolved the other deal. Icould have posted that book on ebay much earlier or offered it to another forumite had you informed me that you had found it.

I have PMs:

I'll ask for $30 with priority shipping ($25 + $5); $27 via media mail ($25 + $2)...

you can paypal or send a personal check/cash to:

Carl De La Cruz

6869 Ridge Water Ct

Centreville, VA 20121-5711

I'm calling this an easy 9.4, possible 9.6 if CGC'd; if you get it and are unhappy for any reason, please send the book back and I'll refund you or work something out ( I do have another copy which IMO is close enough in condition to the one I'm going to send you.)

I have hi-res scans that I can provide for you via email or post it on the boards; however you would like - but honestly, scans of a B&W sketch cvr will not give you much more info than I'm divulging except for seeing the corners and spine for yourself

Thanks and I'm glad I can help you finish off you Bats Hush run

Then you left me hanging and I had to send you another PM to see if you still wanted it. If you have a deal in the works or completed, have the courtesy to inform the other party that you have found it elsewhere. But IMO, if you have a deal in the works, you really shouldn't be looking elsewhere unless you have resolved the other deal. Icould have posted that book on ebay much earlier or offered it to another forumite had you informed me that you had found it.

I have had a lot on my plate lately and ithonestly slipped my mind until you send me another pm. I didnt go looking either. My LCS owner offered me the book out of his own collection.

See what I mean? The 893censored-thumb.gif dealers invade this place, and now we're at each other's throats. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had left Darrell alone and this deal was way before the Marketplace schism into the separate forumite-to-forumite and ebay/dealer forums. What october wrote about f'n with people to waste their time doesn't sit well with me. Note I post my ebay auctions in the forum below. Haven't really started a BIN thread here, and have not sold a BIN book until I hijacked DKB's thread.

poke2.gif

Ah Sal again your sig line rings true stooges.gif

every. day. cloud9.gif

don't you forget it