• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Low grade CGC'ed FF #1 or AF #15 (maybe)

15 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying that I don't collect comics at all (anymore) and have moved over to original art.

With that being said, I'd like to have either an FF#1 or AF#15 in a very low grade. I was thinking of a 1.0-2.5 range.

How much would I expect to pay for something in this range? Once I determine how much they should fetch and how much I can afford then I'll follow up with a post to see if anyone might have something like this for sale.

Thanks all.

AF15 you are looking at around $1,000-$2,000 (depending on grade 1.0-2.5). Save some money and buy a raw copy. At such a low grade there would be no need to spend a premium on a CGC book unless want to avoid restoration problems.

I'm hoping to purchase a copy of those very books in the near future in the grades you are looking for. I'll PM you if I get them. Hopefully, I'll get them with enough room to sell at a decent price.

usually these books go at guide and often above (in LOW grade, mostly because they are considered cheap next to the higher grades)...anytime you get them below guide, you got a good deal

Quite right, I've never seen a correctly graded low grade copy of FF#1 sell for less than guide....

Ok then thanks so far for the help. I was hoping to get a CGC copy because I think it presents nicely in the holder and is protected and all but I guess you're right in that I should possibly pursue an unslabbed copy and get it slabbed myself in these grades.

Now for my next question, would anyone have a copy of either for sale in and around those grades? Is there any place I could find those other than ebay or through other people in these forums?

Thanks!

When I bought my low grade Hulk #1, I got it at a convention raw. Then I sent it in to CGC as one of my free grades and it came back a 2.5, so I was happy all around. I too would like to get a low grade FF#1 and AF#15 as well as a ASM#1 and would consider doing it the same way I did the Hulk.

I saw an FF #1 on ebay in about 1.8, maybe 2.0 go for $411 the other day.
did you buy it...if not, why?? I've been on eBay for about, Oh I would say 8 Years, NEVER have seen a TRUE good FF #1 go for Less than $600, and I've bid on many (maybe 75-100 in that time period).

I saw an FF #1 on ebay in about 1.8, maybe 2.0 go for $411 the other day.
did you buy it...if not, why?? I've been on eBay for about, Oh I would say 8 Years, NEVER have seen a TRUE good FF #1 go for Less than $600, and I've bid on many (maybe 75-100 in that time period).
Ok I saw the book you were talking about...If that's a 1.8 -2.0, then My book that CGC Graded at 3.5, must be closer to a 9.4 than I thought, and I should resubmit...that book is somewhere in the 1.0 range , maybe a 0.5 to 1.0

Are you drunk? stooges.gif

It cannot be a .5 to 1.0. It is not technically possible. Sure it's ugly, but it CANNOT be a 1.0 or lower. Try again. popcorn.gif You're right that a 2.0 is high. 1.5 is probably right on target with a shot at 1.8.

I don't think so (in regards to the Fantasy 1.5 or 1.8) ...NOT Drunk...But I think I know someone who is....listen king, I know you think your ready to grade for CGC, But keep making grading mistakes like that and you might be ready for PGX (Ok that was a little harsh, sorry..nobody deserves that fate)

That is no grading mistake. It is not lower than a 1.5. Try cracking that OS guide open. 1.0's are left for flagrant defects that often affect the readability of a book. That FF #1 is just butt ugly. You seem to be grading by your own standards and not the written ones which I try and go by. Or it could just be personal opinion. I don't know. But by OS, I don't see it as lower than a 1.5. CGC might put a 1.0 on it. I notice they often grade very tough on low grade.

I believe the FF #1 had lots of tape but, the tape was not needed to keep the cover attached. That keeps it above a 1.0. If it is indeed so that the tape is what is holding the cover on then a 1.0 would be in order. But from what I know of it wasn't.