• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best current spider-man title?

24 posts in this topic

Spider-Girl! headbang.gif

Yeah, but for what, another issue or 2? poke2.gif

Don't count Mayday out yet. Rumor is *something* is up for her.

(Hopefully it's not just relauching the series with a new #1 ala She-Hulk and Runaways. )

tongue.gif

I'd go with Ultimate Spider-man line. Though I yell vehemently about the lame ultimatization of regular Marvel characters, I really enjoyed the Silver Sable storyline. I haven't read the Vulture yet but his entrance was fun. I really did dislike the Hobgoblin arc and those leading up to the Silver Sable line.

On that note, I like it best because all of the others are so horrible right now. I need to read the re-vamped Sensational/MK line. I really liked the art change. That series was getting absolutely boring before it changed.

ASM has been bad for awhile. Just not interesting.

I did enjoy the Jenkins series and was bummed when they cancelled it. It was all over the place and the stories weren't too bad. Had the story arc about Spider-man gaining the ability to shoot webs from his arms and the follow-up to the Osborn daughter.

No Clone Saga for me. I'm not too hip with saying that the majority of a character's history was not real. Basically, we purchased comics from ~150 to current (70s to 2000s) thinking it was one character but it was really another. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Now, having the Clone live and intersect in the storyline, I'm down with that. Could have been interesting and many storylines have been similar to that (ie the revived Parker carcass in current continuity has that same feel).

Pat