• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Civil War poll !

Will it "Change the Marvel Universe Forever"?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Will it "Change the Marvel Universe Forever"?

19 posts in this topic

Interesting results so far. Other than a preponderance of crackheads on these boards, seems most people are sick of Marvel's hype machine, buying their regular titles or just their regular titles with the main series, trust Cap (good choice!), and have had enough of these over-abundant "events".

Wonder what the sales results will show in the Fall... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lets say, this turns out like Marvel Zombies.

Then what will you people do huh?

Well, the prelude issue of FF #536 is supposedly Red Hot and going for 2X to 3X cover price. I found a copy a week after it sold out and promptly sold it to a forumite for cover price. So I'm certainly guessing that it won't be like the MZs back issue wise. Probably it'll be similar to the Avengers Disassembled issues that were red hot and them faded.

I know that us modern readers get tired of the doomsayers knocking on the new stuff, but the financial hits are truely few and far between. I recommend buying and enjoying whatever you like about the series, but really, don't buy the HYPE.

Well, the prelude issue of FF #536 is supposedly Red Hot and going for 2X to 3X cover price. I found a copy a week after it sold out and promptly sold it to a forumite for cover price.

Same here. Last I checked one of the LCS near me still had about 10 copies of this.

Well, the prelude issue of FF #536 is supposedly Red Hot and going for 2X to 3X cover price.

Who says it's "red hot"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I always treat these statements right after a comic comes out as nothing but manufactured "hot" air...

Jim

Well, the prelude issue of FF #536 is supposedly Red Hot and going for 2X to 3X cover price.

Who says it's "red hot"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I always treat these statements right after a comic comes out as nothing but manufactured "hot" air...

Jim

I'm tempted to say "Wizard" just to watch you spit up whatever you were eating. devil.gif

No, I was talking about ebay closing prices last week. Joe Comic Collector, not to be confuse with our wonderful Joe Collector, hears that a book is sold out at their LCS and they scurry to the computer to buy a copy...only to find other Joes doing the same thing and they outbid each other....thereby convicing themselves and other Joes watching that "indeed" the issue is Hot, i.e. a self-generating cycle of hotness.

Haven't checked prices this week to see if it's cooled down yet.

And in all honesty I have occasionally fallen prey to the cycle myself(Loki & Space Ghost). tongue.gif

You don't need to worry about confusing us. Almost everyone knows that Joe Collector doesn't buy moderns anymore. At all. Peridod. Glad he stopped.

Where as most people know that the average joe collector does in fact buy moderns. Does any of this make sense?

As always with the "Mega Event" I'll wait for the trade and see. It HAS to be better than House of M right tonofbricks.gif

What I've found is that if I buy the titles I buy anyway I can get a good gauge on whether the event is any good, plus word of mouth around here - then when the trade is issued I can pick it up, or them up for under $50 and I dont have to buy 81 different comics, store them and such. Then after I read the trade I can always flip it to a zombie on EBAY for about 50% of what I paid for it.

After what seems like a gazillion Mega Events this is my story and I'm sticking to it.