• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Point Five's Golden Age/Atomic Age Sale! BIN, Forum-Only!

95 posts in this topic

But he has only one copy.

He said ill take it twice!

I just had to be double sure I got it smile.gif

Glad all that reloading paid off 893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I was wondering if your constant refreshing would pay off. Maybe I can read your copy when I come visit.

Guys, that is all I'll be posting for today and for the short-term future. Many thanks to all of you for making this a whole lot of fun! If you have purchased a book already or purchase one today/tonight, I'll PM you an invoice tomorrow with payment instructions, etc.

And for those just joining us, there's still plenty of books available in this thread ... more than half of the GA/AA books I've posted have not yet been claimed. Still lots of great stuff. Take a look! thumbsup2.gif

...and finally,

Famous Funnies #212, 1954. One of my favorites of these famous Frazetta sci-fi covers! …hate to let this one go. Nice-looking low-grade copy grades a solid Good+. There are some moisture stains on the cover which bring down the grade, but with the heavy blacks they're fairly unobtrusive (looks no worse than a bit of soiling) & book lies flat with no warping. Strong eye appeal for grade, quite glossy with deep rich colors…IMO, looks closer to a VG. No color touch on the black. Here's the back cover. You'll be happy with this one. Bargain copy of a great book! $130

ff212.jpg

takeit.giftakeit.gif

I would have been all over that one too...nice pickup.

ff212.jpg

takeit.giftakeit.gif

I would have been all over that one too...nice pickup.

Thanks. Not something I normal collect, but dang, is that one cool cover. I've overjoyed I could get it. Thanks Point Five thumbsup2.gif

Dang. That was one I was thinking of too. poke2.gif

Congrats Michael, cool book thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif Yeah, I like the fuzzy aspect of the guy's costume. I fully blame AdamStrange for this purchase.

Where's my commission?

I think you'll enjoy the stories.

Steve, very glad it arrived safely. Enjoy!

To the rest of you who purchased: The last of the books shipped out Thursday afternoon, so you should have your book(s) very soon if you don't already. thumbsup2.gif

To everyone: As some of you may have already noticed, all of these scans are completely MIA. I use my office's site to host the scans, and for whatever reason the site is toast right now & I'm guessing it won't be up until Monday. foreheadslap.gif

I was intending to clean up this thread today & to lower prices on the remaining 13 available books, but that now seems pointless since no one can see the scans. If you're interested in any remaining books, feel free to PM me & maybe we can work something out...otherwise, kindly let this thread fade away into the sunset for now, and I'll bump & revise it one last time early next week once things are up and running again. hi.gif

Update! As of last night, my hosted scans are finally up and running again...and the following books have been sold:

Haunt of Fear #20

Shock Suspenstories #14, #16

Two-Fisted Tales #41

Weird Fantasy #11

Weird Science #14

893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you!

Here's a revised list of the books not yet sold. I've had nibbles on almost all of these, but no bites yet... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...so in the list below, I've dropped prices another 5-10% across the board. These will be available through Thursday, and then I'll call it a day with this sale. Any questions about a book, please feel free to ask. Many thanks again to all!

Atomic War #1, 1952. $75 Link

Perfect Love #10, 1953. $7 Link

Shocking Mystery Cases #51, 1952. $18 Link

Superman #4 coverless/inc, 1940. $45 Link

Thrilling Comics #14, 1941. $27 Link

Wonderworld #22, 1941. $45 Link

Wonderworld #24, 1941. $50 Link