• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it time to sell Bronze and purchase early Silver marvels?

38 posts in this topic

Hi, my first post but have been reading this forum for the past week. I have bought and sold on e-bay over the last few years and have tranacted with some of you in the past.

I have been a collector of comics since I was a kid and have built up solid collections in both silver and bronze age (marvel spotlights 5-11, Tomb of Dracula 1,10, Hero for Hire 1, Conan 1, Iron Fist 14, Marvel Premier 15, Iron Man 55, Nick Fury 1, Silver Surfer 1-18 (I know the early SS's are silver but will probably sell all) all in CGC 9.4 or higher plus many others) marvels.

It seems to me that now is an opportune time to sell bronze age and buy high grade early Silver (2- 10s in Daredevil, Avengers, AMS, FF and X-Men) as Bronze age keys are overpriced when comparing numbers of high grade bronze age to Silver age keys

I'd appreciate your views on:

1.) Would you switch at this time?

2.) Best places to sell Bronze age

3.) Best places to purchase Silver.

Thanks

I would switch if I had those books. Sell the bronze Age books here first to save yourself the hassles and the fees of everywhere else. Best places to purchase Silver would be here as well. Otherwise just go look at the top silverage dealer thread which is a sticky at the top of the silver age forum.

Any High grade Batmans send them my way.

thumbsup2.gif

I would switch if I had those books. Sell the bronze Age books here first to save yourself the hassles and the fees of everywhere else. Best places to purchase Silver would be here as well. Otherwise just go look at the top silverage dealer thread which is a sticky at the top of the silver age forum.

thumbsup2.gif

Thats my thread acclaim.gif

The answer to your question is yes. Regardless if the market on Bronze has topped off a little your almost always better off with some high quality Silver. As mentioned before though it's going to be a little pricey so it's a quality over quantity type of thing. I would recommend selling your books on Pedigree Comics or Comiclink as you can leave them on there for no listing fee for quite a while until you get the price you are looking for and I would buy from Ebay, High Grade Comics, Heritage if your desperate, and Comiclink and Pedigree again.

thumbsup2.gif

Thats my thread acclaim.gif

Based on my thread in the Gold Forum. acclaim.gifpoke2.gif

Have recently purchased Daredevil 2, 3, 4 and 10 from Pedigree and 6 from ComicLink. Looking for a 7 (one on ComicLink too pricey for me currently) and a 1 (though I do have one in 9.0).

Went for Daredevil first as availability on Pedigree made this an almost instant success.

Would you target Avengers next?

Welcome to the boards.I thought that I might mention a couple of other sites. www.metropoliscomics.com has a very nice selection of CGC graded comics.Another source for a few excellent books is www.tvcomics.com and then click on the Syd's Luncheonette Collection.Those are a batch of original owner books from our very own board member burntboy.There are still several left and if you see any you like,you could PM Harry with an offer and he just might take it.I picked up a couple and they are VERY nice and come with a certificate of authenticity.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

One other thing,there is a big difference in scarcity in the 1961 to 1964 Marvels as opposed to the 1965 and up(although you probably already know that).GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I'd appreciate your views on:

1.) Would you switch at this time?

Making a wholesale switch based on perceived market changes is market timing and is often the wrong approach. Just keep your CGC 9.4's (except for the Ewert copies 27_laughing.gif

eBay if you need a quick turnaround and cash flow - also the widest audience; ComicLink if you want to set your price and wait . . . and wait . . . and wait some more to get paid; here if you want to get low-ball offers from a a lot of sophisticrats 27_laughing.gif

3.) Best places to purchase Silver.

I only buy raw comics, so I don't think that my views are relevant to your pursuit.

Thanks

You're a little late, as BA prices have already started dropping.

Why do you always cut out your original overbroad, unsubstantiated statements? Embarassed at what you pontificate? 27_laughing.gif

Boy, Am I ever glad that I keep up with these Boards . . . You heard it here first grin.gif

So you're saying that BA prices are skyrocketing? screwy.gif

Shouldn't you be "bargain-hunting" already then . . . 27_laughing.gif

eBay if you need a quick turnaround and cash flow - also the widest audience; ComicLink if you want to set your price and wait . . . and wait . . . and wait some more to get paid; here if you want to get low-ball offers from a a lot of sophisticrats 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif