• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S BINS III - JUST IN CASE I OWE THE IRS MONEY THIS YEAR

29 posts in this topic

Or, more likely, the state of New York.

$3 shipping (to U.S.), free over $50. Global priority at cost outside of U.S., $3 credit applied to over $50 purchases.

Here are those nice Thors, 138 - 140, I posted about earlier. VF+ copies. Each has a few very very faint spine stresses and slight wear elsewhere. Was initially leaning toward VF/NM, but decided better to be safe than sorry.

$40 each, $110 for the set. Buy the set and I toss in some JIM/Thor 12 cent readers, ship it priority for free, kiss your rear end, whatever works for you. The crinkles you see is light reflecting off bags, not the comics. Sorry for the low quality of the scans. As for my grading, people seemed happy with my grading on the higher grade books I sold in my last set of BINS (and nobody complained about the reader copies either).

thor138.jpg

thor139.jpg

thor140.jpg

More to follow. I'm getting sleepy and the baby finally fell asleep!

Last one for tonight, for Timulty, Whiz 102, G/VG or so (by CGC standards on GA books), 2 rips on interior pages, but nothing missing, great Stan Musial ad on back (shown) and a Ralph Kiner ad interior (not shown). Top staple looks detached, but the book didn't feel like it is detached, but I didn't want to pull too hard. Bottom is still attached. Despite the look, none of the pages are loose. $30.00.

whiz102a.jpg

whiz102b.jpg

The blotches on people's faces is from my scanner, I'm pretty sure of that.

ok, a couple more.... (my wife is going to kill me)

X-Men 11, also G/VG or so, $35.00:

xmen11.jpg

SOLD, GONE, ADIOS!: Killer copy of X-Men 117, solid NM, was seriously considering submitting it to get a 9.6 or 9.8, but there is one faint spine stress line I finally noticed, which may keep it in 9.4. $25.00:

xmen117.jpg

Sweet copy of Amazing Spiderman 298. VF/NM to be safe. Small NCB crease on bottom right that's easy enough not to notice. $25.00:

spiderman298.jpg

And this last one, a dupe of a copy I sold a few weeks ago, solid VF/NM or better copy of World's Finest 212, $18.00:

worlds212.jpg

Good night folks.

Killer copy of X-Men 117, solid NM, was seriously considering submitting it to get a 9.6 or 9.8, but there is one faint spine stress line I finally noticed, which may keep it in 9.4. $25.00:

xmen117.jpg

Good night folks.

takeit.gif

okeedoke, i originally had that 117 as $30, but said, "nah, knock it down." i got a great deal on it when i bought it. sharing the wealth.

More!

Here's a nice Batman 303. At first glance a NM with not the greatest centering, but I see a little bit of a pressure indent on the bottom left and some very very slight wear on the spine. VF/NM it is, for $4.00:

batman303.jpg

Here's a nice pristine NM Batman Annual 10 for $3.00:

batmanannual10.jpg

A nice NM Detective 600 with one spine stress for $3.00:

detective600.jpg

And a nice sharp Detective 627 in NM for $4.00:

detective627.jpg

Some Captain Americas that are dupes of what I sold a few weeks ago:

Nice VF+, maybe VF/NM, copy of 162 for $4.00 (wow, some of these Caps are still cheap in guide):

captainamerica162.jpg

Another 217, 1st Appearance of Marvel Man/Quasar, at first glance a NMinter, but the top right corner is slightly dinged, so VF/NM for $3.00:

captainamerica217.jpg

GONE, SOLD, ADIOS!!! A GORGEOUS early Bronze DC, Supergirl 2, solid NM- and could probably pass for NM. Pristine spine. A tiny 1 milimeter bidery tear on the right side and is what knocks it down. This was marked at $20.00 at some point in it's life and I think that's fair here (OPG is $30.00):

supergirl2.jpg

GONE, SOLD, OUTAh HERE! Gorgeous NM- to NM Secrets of the Haunted House 38 for $4.00:

hauntedhouse38.jpg

Marvel Tales 100. Really nice copy until the top left got bent a little. Bummer. VF? Hard to tell with these square bound issues. Easily pressed out (hah hah), though Nelson's $25 fee might be much for a $3.00 comic. Anyway, this might be one of the most undervalued late Bronze marvels in guide. Why? Aside from being an oversized anniversary issue and apparently really tough to find in high grade it actually has new material in it consisting of a Hawkeye/Two Gun Kid story inked by Terry Austin, which seems to have gotten lost in the mix. Yeah, I know, a lot of hype for something I'm trying to sell for $3.00. This is one of those books that will probably jump as all the cheaper bronze issues get sucked up (and no, I don't have a long box of them!):

marveltales100.jpg

Shogun Warriors #1, NM. Everybody needs one, especially for $5.00:

shogun1.jpg

Red Sonja 1. VF or so. $6.00. Who needs silicone when they come like this in the wild?

redsonja1.jpg

Nice NM copy of Black Panther #7, $10.00:

blackpanther7.jpg

Nice NM copy of FF 213. A couple of very faint spine stresses. Some nice classic Byrne art. $4.00:

ff213.jpg

Marvel Spotlight on Moon Knight (part II of Moonies first solo comic story) #29. Nice VF copy. A little better than the one I listed a few weeks ago, $8.00:

spotlightmoonknight29.jpg

But wait, there's more....

Giant-Size Super-Villian Team-Up #1! Nice VF copy. Great spine. Small crease on bottom right keeps it out of NM range. BUMMER! Your's for $9.00 (cheap!):

gsvillian1.jpg

GS Super-Villian Team-Up #2!!! Looks pretty good, but then you notice the rip on the bottom. Also a crease on the bottom right. $3.00:

gsvillian2.jpg

[Act fast and get both for $11.00]

Reader copy of Tomahawk #87. Stain on back. $4.00:

tomahawk87.jpg

DC Giant Four Star Spectacular #4. Pristine NM copy but for the small crease on top right, so I guess now a VF? $4.00:

fourstar4.jpg

Nice VF/VF+ copy of Advenutre Comics 419 featuring Supergirl. A few spine stresses that are hard to se, $14.00:

adventure419.jpg

HEY YOU! WHO IS LOOKING AND NOT BUYING!!?!??! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! SORRY, I DON'T HAVE A BOX OF EARLY BYRNE X-MENS TO GIVE AWAY AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES! JUST ONE RIGHT NOW......

Alrightly then, got that off my chest. Here are a few more, although soon the wife will force me off the computer for us to do Easter activities with Baby blob and evil mother-in-law.

What If 12 - Nice VF/VF+ or so - $3.00:

whatif12.jpg

What if 17 (Spider Woman AND Ghost Rider!) - NM- (9.2) - $6.50:

whatif17.jpg

What if 18, nice VF/NM to NM- copy, $3.00:

whatif18.jpg

What if 23, nice VF/NM to NM- copy - $3.00:

whatif23.jpg

What if 26, nice VF/VF+ copy - $3.00:

whatif26.jpg

What if 29, nice VF/VF+ copy - $3.00:

whatif29.jpg

Take 'em all for an even $20.00.

The part of the last post in ALL CAPS was written before I saw Buck's purchase!

Now that JoeyP has blown out his McFarlane Hulk overstock, here are a few of mine:

Hulk 324 (1st Grey Hulk since #1) (not McFarlane) - NM-, a few light spine stresses - $6.00:

hulk324.jpg

Hulk 334 - nice, NM copy - $8.00:

hulk334.jpg

Hulk 336 - VF/VF+ - $4.00:

hulk336.jpg

Hulk 337 - VF/VF+ - $4.00:

hulk337.jpg

SOLD/GONE/ADIOS!!! Hulk 340 -VF/VF- $12.00:

hulk340.jpg

Hulk 344 - NM- - $5.00:

hulk344.jpg

Take the whole set for $33.00.

And while we're doing McFarlane, here's some early work from Infinity, Inc. All nice sharp NM copies. All seriously undervalued in guide. All $3.00 each here.

infinity23.jpg

infinity24.jpg

infinity25.jpg

TAKE all of them, the Hulks and the Infiintys for $40.00 if you act first!

Nice VF+ Power Man 19 - $5.00:

powerman19.jpg

VF/NM to NM- #20 - $7.00:

powerman20.jpg

VF #23 (small 1/4" corner crease) - $3.00:

powerman23.jpg

Cheap reader copy of Green Lantern 74 - $3.00:

greenlantern74.jpg

Cheap reader of Green Lantern 75 - $3.00:

greenlantern75.jpg

F/VF Battlestar Galactica #1 - $3.00:

battlestar1.jpg

Nice NM copy of Marvel Premiere #51 ($4.00)

premiere51.jpg

F/VF copy of Nova 12 with a guest appearance by Spidey! (The only issue in this title worth buying!) - $3.00:

nova12.jpg

DC Special #1, all Infantino, all the time! Spine has some splittage going on. Good reader copy. $6.00:

dcspecial1.jpg

"All ages but, fair warning, I'll probably only BIN the NM's."

ok then, given that I have none in real NM I was planning on selling here right now, and, honestly, probably don't have any war books in real NM pre-1980 or so, I'll hold off on listing the lower grade books.

Well, we didn't wind up owing any taxes, which is a big relief! (PHEW!) Thank goodness for that mortgage tax deduction, otherwise I'd be writing a five figure check right now!

But I'd still like to sell some more of these books I listed, which I hand selected in the hope that they might appeal to y'all!!! Come on folks, there's some real good stuff in there!