• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly Forum Dinner

103 posts in this topic

I would love to come again this year last year was amazing. My fiancee will be moving down here with her son in May though so I'm not sure how it will work. Put me down as a maybe for now and I'll let you know one way or the other as soon as I can.

I may host the dinner at my house. Stay tuned for details. Of course, one of the reasons is that the girlfriend is moving in... and it may not be a bachelor pad for that much longer. In other words, I have a flower print red couch in my living room now...

I may host the dinner at my house. Stay tuned for details. Of course, one of the reasons is that the girlfriend is moving in... and it may not be a bachelor pad for that much longer. In other words, I have a flower print red couch in my living room now...

Somewhere Christopher Lowell is weeping....Glad to hear you had fun. Don't forget to share your "finds" with the rest of the forum. grin.gif

I hear the sound of a whip cracking. And something tells me it ain't catwoman frown.gif

Is it a sweet, 1960s-esque flower print?

I shouldn't complain about the flower print couch too much because it's very comfortable, and better than my old couch...

At any rate, I'm going to chat with Steve Borock and see what he thinks about hosting the dinner... I guarantee it'd be heckuva lot cheaper for everyone!

I hear the sound of a whip cracking. And something tells me it ain't catwoman frown.gif

Ouch! Speaking from experience, Hari? grin.gifpoke2.gif

My thought would be for everyone to chip about $20 -- this would cover food and alcohol/soft drinks... I have a pretty nice stone garden area (for the city) and between that and the downstairs, pretty sure everyone would have enough space to spread out and hang out...

With that in mind, I would imagine people will be happy and have a good time -- if we have 25 people show, I would think that at $20 a head we can provide beer, food and good times!

It's a different kind of forum dinner -- what do y'all think?

My thought would be for everyone to chip about $20 -- this would cover food and alcohol/soft drinks... I have a pretty nice stone garden area (for the city) and between that and the downstairs, pretty sure everyone would have enough space to spread out and hang out...

With that in mind, I would imagine people will be happy and have a good time -- if we have 25 people show, I would think that at $20 a head we can provide beer, food and good times!

It's a different kind of forum dinner -- what do y'all think?

Sounds great. I'm 90% sure I'll make it.

Ouch! Speaking from experience, Hari? grin.gifpoke2.gif

Well, I did go to a liberal, feminist type of University, after all! Ah, those were the days cloud9.gif

We lost Maggiano's, and people want like $70 a head for a private room. That's ridiculous and I live pretty much a very short cab ride away. Maybe we'll also play poker like Bill suggested.

You might not want to announce any poker game. A "concerned citizen" might alert the authorities like what just happened to the ACTOR poker game in Toronto...