• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink and Pedigree selling the same book- NEW INFO FROM SELLER

110 posts in this topic

I was under the erroneos assumption that ComicLink had the books in hand from sellers.

...apparently not,..I just called Comic Link this morning to see if the books I won from the last focus auction were shipped yet,....I was told that they don't have them all yet,...that auction ended a month ago,...if he's going to continue theses types of auctions he should have them all on hand,...theoretically if I won 20 books they could be coming from 20 different sellers,...I'm supposed to pay up front while they trickle in?... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Once Josh approves you as either a CGC only seller, or a CGC & raw seller, you can post as many books as you like and keep them in your possession, rather than sending them in for Josh to have on hand.

But, if you post a raw book, it sells, you send it in, and Josh doesn't think it accurately reflects the grade advertised, he'll notify the buyer of that fact, and let them out of the deal if they wish.

I've sold many books through CL, and always kept them in my possession until they sold.

But, if you post a raw book, it sells, you send it in, and Josh doesn't think it accurately reflects the grade advertised, he'll notify the buyer of that fact, and let them out of the deal if they wish.

That sounds good to me. At least he is looking our for the buyer. I know that Tomis can grade because he used to have alot of the highest graded Batmans years ago.

I was under the erroneos assumption that ComicLink had the books in hand from sellers. Just to clarify, I do not think there is anything unethical by listing it on multiple sites but I did not think ComicLink would have allowed it on Pedigree or vice versa. I am sure that neither Doug nor Josh are thrilled to have cross listed comics.

I agree, and quite true.

The seller, whose name is Tony Sama, had emailed me a couple of days ago and this what he had to say :

>>>Hello, a friend of mine mention that my X-men #20 was put up for

>>>discussion by you. After reading your post, I'm waundering, are you

>>>interested in the book or you were looking for a discussion on the boards?

>>>Furthermore, to answer your question, I put the book up on Pedigree first,

>>>and received no action, and the book quickly moved to the latter pages,

>>>therefore, out of sight out of mind. I tried to get more exposure by going

>>>to ComicLink, and maybe reach more and different buyers. Note, I followed

>>>their rules of not trying to sell the same item elsewhere for less, which

>>>I didn't. I hope I've answered your question and I hope you answer mine,

>>>btw, the book is still for sale. This e-mail is for your personal view

>>>only. Thanks.

>>>

>>>Tony.

>>>

It was pretty cordial but I think he was full of it about a friend mentioning my post ( I guess his "friend" gave him my email address.") I respected that he wanted the email for my personal view so I did not post it until now. I responded with this email -

>>Tony -

>> I made a post on your X-Men because I thought it was odd and

>>I did not think that ComicLink allowed the same item to be on a major

>>competitors site. Josh from ComicLink was not too happy with Doug Schmell

>>when he created Pedigree so I thought something was odd. After reading the

>>responses, I was wrong. I was a bit interested in the book a an upgrade to

>>my 9.4 but the price I could offer is not what you were looking for. I

>>think you may have better luck on Ebay.

>>Good luck,

>>Tom

Pretty straight forward, nothing bad. Perhaps an opportunity to make an offer. Regardless, I wished him luck.

Then today, I get this moronic email from Tony -

----- Original Message -----

To: <tomega@optonline.net>

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:33 PM

Subject: Re: X-men #20

> Thomas, its bad enough that you shed a negative light on my auction of

> X-men #20, stating it could be ripped off from another site, therefore,

> putting doubt on my book's legitimacy, and scaring off potential buyers,

> that wasn't bad enough so now I'm in ComicLink's bad books as of today

> because either you or someone who read your badly researched statement on

> the boards reported it. Thanks alot. All Iwas trying to do is sell a comic

> book, for a personal good cause and you blew that for me! You dirtied my

> name. You even had no intention of buying the book because it was out of

> your price range, as YOU stated on your last e-mail. What do you have to say

> for yourself?!!!

>

My, that was unexpected. So I decided to respond in my typical jovial fashion -

Tony, Tony, Tony -

You really have to learn to think before you write. I know this is going to be hard for you to understand, so I am going to make this as simple as possible and use the smallest possible words. First, kiss the reddest part of my Irish [embarrassing lack of self control] - preferably on the purple red/purple raison. Pucker up good and make sure I took a nice juicy dump in draws so you can get the full flavor. Second, you amaze me! I didn't think it was possible for one person to possess such a vast reservoir of undiluted gibberish and stupidity! If you had even one iota of brains, you would have bothered to fully read the initial post and respond. If you even had the meager understanding of a dog with down syndrome, you would have seen that my initial post was mostly questions and most of the other posts from forum members cleared it up. You said it yourself, you sanctimonious twit ( look it up Gomer, ) that the email you sent was for my "personal view only." I would have been happy to post your email to lend creedence to your "auction." In your below email you puke forth some nonsense about a friend looking mentioning the post, don't you think you should have checked it out first and responded in the FREE CGC forum? Of course, now I am going to post both your emails, your name, and your email address so that should really help your reputation. Since nobody knew your name , how could I have "dirtied your name to begin with?" insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Quick thinking, Gump!! Just so you know, the reason it is not selling is not because of what I posted but because it is over priced. That is why it did not sell on Pedigree and the is certainly why it is not going sell on ComicLink. Note to yourself - try a clear scan when you are trying to sell a $1000+ book. I did not blow anything for you, you blew it for yourself and you are probably blowing yourself right now. You are in ComicLink's bad books? What the hell does that mean, ? Does Josh had a black book that has your name written in blood? Give me a break. I just checked the comic is still listed and there are no problems, although I am sure the owner of ComicLink will probably put an asteric next to it to let everyone know that you are whiney, cry baby who does not understand the basics of common sense. As you blathered in your email, what is to report to ComicLink about the comic - you said it was within the rules ? It was so what is the difference? Unless you really are some type of scam artist. Who knows? I think you are just some pathetic loser who cannot understand why nobody is snatching up your priceless comic. Here is a little secret - when I responded that it was not in the price range that I was looking for - THERE WAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER. Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest. If you bothered to research me as a possible customer in the forum, you would see that I routinely buy high grade X-Men - many much more expensive than your book. The problem was that the book was not out of my price range, it was that your price was out of range of the market. Again, that is why there were no bids on Pedigree. Hell, I was still considering of throwing a $1100 offer on Pedigree to see if you would bite. 4 times guide would have been appropriate. Great business model you have there, I sure you are very successful. Now I will offer you a box full of my morning bowel movements. They are particularly ripe and fresh when it is in the morning. If you catch me after a night out, they are usually green with bits of peanuts and sometimes corn. I should have known there was something seriously wrong with when in your first email you wrote "waundering" instead of wondering. Look it up, educate yourself. Perhaps use a spell checker or next time I will have to let you know that I don't speak retardese and you will have to get someone to translate your nonsense into meaningful English. In the future I would recommend that you just stop speaking and writing altogether - every time you open your mouth , you subtract from the sum of human knowledge.

So that is what I have to say for myself. Now go back to playing your banjo, crawl back up into your trailer and continue chewing on your toenails. I hope you have enjoyed my email as much as I have.

Your good friend, loves and kisses,

Tom

I figured I would share my email with all my friends here and help my new friend out about spreading the word about his comic. I would recommend everyone put an offer of a dollar or two so he will be happy. devil.gif

I am so happy I made a new friend in the comic world, do you think he will like my email? 27_laughing.gif

Now I will offer you a box full of my morning bowel movements. They are particularly ripe and fresh when it is in the morning. If you catch me after a night out, they are usually green with bits of peanuts and sometimes corn

Hope Tony Sama is a "scat" man....

Now I will offer you a box full of my morning bowel movements. They are particularly ripe and fresh when it is in the morning. If you catch me after a night out, they are usually green with bits of peanuts and sometimes corn

The strange thing is that I do not eat peanuts or corn - they just appear. I am not even sure what the whole green thing is about - I think I should see a doctor.

well he did state in his first email to you that it was for your private viewing only. confused-smiley-013.gif

So? I did not post it or anything about it until I received his second email today. I respected that as a courtesy and that went out the window when he decided to follow up with his ridiculous email.

On another note, does anybody think that Josh questioned him about this book ( or let him know his displeasure of it being listed on Pedigree) and maybe that is what elicited his follow up email? His email sounds like that is what happened.

The strange thing is that I do not eat peanuts or corn - they just appear. I am not even sure what the whole green thing is about - I think I should see a doctor.

And this, ladies & gentlemen, is what's known as an overshare!

OY!

27_laughing.gif