• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love Neal Adam's artwork but ...

55 posts in this topic

The last best work he did was Superman #317 from 31 years ago. I loved and still love that cover WOW--hard to believe it was that long ago.

Pardon me, but most covers look like cut and paste jobs

The last best work he did was Superman #317 from 31 years ago. I loved and still love that cover WOW--hard to believe it was that long ago.

Pardon me, but most covers look like cut and paste jobs

superman317.jpg

I am not a CS member either and I have not purchased anything from Neal's site. I too have received the spam mail so one HAS to assume someone is either farming this forum for emails or CGC sold a list.

gossip.gif CGC sent the spam.

Am I the only one that didn't get spammed with this? If so, yay.gif

Thought his best work was on the X-Men (one of the reasons why I wanted to collect earlier than Byrne's X-Men work...but just like Byrne, Adams seems to have his ups and downs. I personal like the Supes cover, but the GL is a bit goofy. He still draws waaay better than I can, so... hail.gif

I am not a CS member either and I have not purchased anything from Neal's site. I too have received the spam mail so one HAS to assume someone is either farming this forum for emails or CGC sold a list.

Dude!

I'll forward them to you so you don't miss out.

Ubie X

I didn't get it either. yay.gif

You know ... fer a guy that works with computers and mail servers all day I can be a bit slow. Sheesh. What part of the sender's address did I have a hard time picking up on? The gadel@cgccomics.com part or the gadel@cgccomics.com part.

Did I mention I'm also Polish? That might explain it a bit.

Ubie X

I know we seem to be focusing on covers here but the best, absolute best, most memorable piece of art of Neal's for me was the one page of Supe's all beat up, laying on a stretcher being carried away after Ali knocked him out in the oversized Superman vs. Muhammad Ali.

Gotta find a nice copy of that! Mine was destroyed when I was moving out of my Mom's house oh so many years ago.

Ubie X

I know we seem to be focusing on covers here but the best, absolute best, most memorable piece of art of Neal's for me was the one page of Supe's all beat up, laying on a stretcher being carried away after Ali knocked him out in the oversized Superman vs. Muhammad Ali.

Gotta find a nice copy of that! Mine was destroyed when I was moving out of my Mom's house oh so many years ago.

Ubie X

I actually have a pedigree copy of that, nice book!