• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your goals this year in your comic collection?

78 posts in this topic

Other than that, I have a cosmetic goal of replacing all of my holders with the new label and fixing books that have errors on the label. My books are now at CGC getting the face lift.

I thought of doing that as well. Its a simple reholder so its only 11 bucks each.

I have 4 more books to go(#72,74,75 &80) for my ASM 1-100 set...........I'm not really sure what to do now,lol...........guess I could go for my FF 1-50 set,but to tell you the truth,I am running out of closet space and I really don't wanna keep buying cgc boxes.........so I think my goal this year is to go Timely.I know I will only be able to get 2 or 3 a year,but those covers are the coolest,and in 10 years i'll have 30 great golden age books to cash in at Atlantic City for whores,booze,and black tar heroin......... thumbsup2.gif

1-To sell off unwanted books

2-To stop thinking i HAVE to put a complete run of books together

3-To make a list of 20 books and focus on that list

4-To make the purchases I do make ones that I will be happy with

5-To get 3 issues in the 1-9 range in Avengers

I have 4 more books to go(#72,74,75 &80) for my ASM 1-100 set...........I'm not really sure what to do now,lol...........guess I could go for my FF 1-50 set,but to tell you the truth,I am running out of closet space and I really don't wanna keep buying cgc boxes.........so I think my goal this year is to go Timely.I know I will only be able to get 2 or 3 a year,but those covers are the coolest,and in 10 years i'll have 30 great golden age books to cash in at Atlantic City for whores,booze,and black tar heroin......... thumbsup2.gif

Tar on the East coast? I've only ever seen Asian white. What roads have you traveled down?....

I've never been able to have any specific goals because my interests are too broad. I'll just keep buying what I like and filling in holes in the process. Even if I really want to complete a particular run, if I see something else for a good price I'm going to buy it.

1) Get my collection out of the garage and back into my basement once the rec- room is finished.

2) Remove ALL duplicates from my collection while I"m putting them back

3) Finish reading my run of Savage Sword. (21 down....214 to go.)

4) Figure out a way to get rid of my duplicates.....Dazzler #1's anyone? crazy.gif

To read more of it.

I like this one. I'd like to finally read Master of Kung Fu in its entirety. Same with Jonah Hex. I completed them years ago but they are in about six different boxes. (Don't feel bad for me--I get to read tons of comics.)

Buying wise, I need to start making better progress on finishing up Our Army at War and GI Combat (rock and haunted tank issues only). There must be 5-10 Unknown Soldiers I still need too.

Marc

1) Get as close to complete Wonder Woman (vol II) run in 9.8 or higher - I have about 56% of the issues.

2) Wonder Woman (vol I) - reach about 15% - I have about 9% currently - all highest grade available so far.

One task - to complete my Tales from the Crypt run - done!

One task - to complete my Haunted Thrills run - almost there, it won't be long now.

Next, keeping in a precode frame of mind, might be to work on completing Mister Mystery run, then pick up type precode horror titles that I don't have an example of yet.

No rush on any of it tho.

One task - to complete my Tales from the Crypt run - done!

One task - to complete my Haunted Thrills run - almost there, it won't be long now.

Next, keeping in a precode frame of mind, might be to work on completing Mister Mystery run, then pick up type precode horror titles that I don't have an example of yet.

No rush on any of it tho.

Good luck with that 893applaud-thumb.gif

I need to try to complete my late SA, early BA high grade DC collection Need maybe about only 15 more books. Also looking for late 60's to early 70's high grade Archies, and certain high grade DC romance books from the 60's and early 70's. I know this is going to take me more then a year...