• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theres nothing wierd going on, just and honest seller, selling what he has...

255 posts in this topic

Why dont you go pound sand and leave the guy alone poke2.gif

Leave the guy alone? He's trying to screw both board members and ebay buyers and he still to this date is justifying it! Give me a break!

How's he trying to screw anyone? By overgrading? Heck, in that case just about all Ebay sellers are out to screw us. Whether we agree with his grading or not - i don't - at least he put up larger pics so any potential bidder could decide for themselves what the grade is. And even from the smaller pics any reasonable bidder could see that the books weren't minty. I'll have little sympathy for anyone who wins one of these books and is then disappointed. A buyer has to take some responsibility too. confused-smiley-013.gif

As for the guy's attitude on these boards, he was just giving back some of what he received. He was invited onto the forum only to be then called a liar and a cheat. I'd be pretty ticked off too. poke2.gif

You should go back and read the entire thread makepoint.gif

Leave the guy alone? He's trying to screw both board members and ebay buyers and he still to this date is justifying it! Give me a break!

How's he trying to screw anyone? By overgrading? Heck, in that case just about all Ebay sellers are out to screw us. Whether we agree with his grading or not - i don't - at least he put up larger pics so any potential bidder could decide for themselves what the grade is. And even from the smaller pics any reasonable bidder could see that the books weren't minty. I'll have little sympathy for anyone who wins one of these books and is then disappointed. A buyer has to take some responsibility too. confused-smiley-013.gif

As for the guy's attitude on these boards, he was just giving back some of what he received. He was invited onto the forum only to be then called a liar and a cheat. I'd be pretty ticked off too. poke2.gif

I mean no disrespect towards you, but this guy is a loser. I REPEAT loser. Theirs no need for that kind of language to come out of anyone's mouth on these boards. He even responded to one of his questions from the buyer " b893censored-thumb.gifw Me. IMO people are being scammed.

I mean no disrespect towards you, but this guy is a loser. I REPEAT loser. Theirs no need for that kind of language to come out of anyone's mouth on these boards. He even responded to one of his questions from the buyer " b893censored-thumb.gifw Me. IMO peaple are being scammed.

hail.gif

Again: scammed how? Anyone with one working eye can see that they books aren't nm-mint. So a buyer should bid accordingly. The guy said he'd refund the money and nothing shown so far proves that he won't (obviously we'll have to see about that, but at least we can't charge him with that offense yet).

The biggest problem i had with his original auction was him showing the same book in all photos (the overgrading i've come to expect). He rectified that with even bigger/clearer individual photos that prove that the books aren't as nice as he originally claimed.

As for him being a "loser" or an [embarrassing lack of self control], well one can still be those things without being a liar, cheat, or scammer. [embarrassing lack of self control] do exist in the real world as well; they don't all hang out on comic book forums. 27_laughing.gif

People are being scammed, because when he first put up the auctions, he showed the same picture for each auction for that issue. I am not sure if all of the bidders are forum members. Probably not, therefore they haven't seen the thread. That would stop most people from bidding. (I would hope) In the beginning, he described the books as NM to M I didn't check the bid history, but, I wouldn't be suprised, if some people placed a high maximum bid in the beginning. Sure, he did change the scans, but on his return policy, I believe it stated something to the effect, that you could get your money back, if the item wasn't as represented, and he has already said, that people can bid according to the scans, and He's off the hook on all returns, because he posted large scans.

hm. I am not sure about how everyone treated him either. Is he a scammer? I don't think so. But is he a great seller? Definately not.

The main problems with him and his auctions were:

1) Originally putting the same picture for many auctions - I attribute this to:

a) lazyness

b) misguided idea that they were all the same and it didn't make much of a difference if there were individual pictures

(The reasoning - it was quite obvious that all the pictures were the same - he wasn't trying to hide this, he just didn't know what people wanted/needed in order to place an intelligent bid)

2) Claiming books were NM when they weren't. I attribute this to:

a) ignorance

(The reasoning - all of his posts clearly show that he doesn't have a clue as to what proper grading should be. I am not a stickler for grades, and haven't done much with them, but even I know that those aren't NM comics. From his point of view, he graded them to the best of his ability, and posted a picture just in case.)

3) Cursing people out on the boards. Again, I attribute this to ignorance. He was new here, didn't know the rules, and when faced with a hostile crowd (who were against him for reasons he couldn't understand in his world), he lashed out.

When I think of scammers, I think there is a level of intent involved. Yes, this guy was out to make a profit, but then again most people on ebay are. But due to ignorance and lousy auction skills, he *did* misrepresent his items. He tried correcting this, when we notified him (which is extremely significant), but his lousy auction skills continued. (Posting ***HUGE*** files that most people won't look at, and in not changing the titles/descriptions to clarify his auctions)

Who will this guy hurt?

a) early bidders who thought they'd get a deal by trusting his description and not the sample picture

b) hastey bidders who now don't take the time to read/look at what they are actually getting

c) ignorant bidders who don't know better

Again, I don't think he is a scammer - just a guy who is a poor auctioner, and got mugged by the board.

hm. I am not sure about how everyone treated him either. Is he a scammer? I don't think so. But is he a great seller? Definately not.

The main problems with him and his auctions were:

1) Originally putting the same picture for many auctions - I attribute this to:

a) lazyness

b) misguided idea that they were all the same and it didn't make much of a difference if there were individual pictures

(The reasoning - it was quite obvious that all the pictures were the same - he wasn't trying to hide this, he just didn't know what people wanted/needed in order to place an intelligent bid)

2) Claiming books were NM when they weren't. I attribute this to:

a) ignorance

(The reasoning - all of his posts clearly show that he doesn't have a clue as to what proper grading should be. I am not a stickler for grades, and haven't done much with them, but even I know that those aren't NM comics. From his point of view, he graded them to the best of his ability, and posted a picture just in case.)

3) Cursing people out on the boards. Again, I attribute this to ignorance. He was new here, didn't know the rules, and when faced with a hostile crowd (who were against him for reasons he couldn't understand in his world), he lashed out.

When I think of scammers, I think there is a level of intent involved. Yes, this guy was out to make a profit, but then again most people on ebay are. But due to ignorance and lousy auction skills, he *did* misrepresent his items. He tried correcting this, when we notified him (which is extremely significant), but his lousy auction skills continued. (Posting ***HUGE*** files that most people won't look at, and in not changing the titles/descriptions to clarify his auctions)

Who will this guy hurt?

a) early bidders who thought they'd get a deal by trusting his description and not the sample picture

b) hastey bidders who now don't take the time to read/look at what they are actually getting

c) ignorant bidders who don't know better

Again, I don't think he is a scammer - just a guy who is a poor auctioner, and got mugged by the board.

mugged is only from HIS perspective, no? getting mugged conveys an innocent who is harmed by others. You really think "mugged" is an apt description?

mugged is only from HIS perspective, no? getting mugged conveys an innocent who is harmed by others. You really think "mugged" is an apt description?

...yes,..lynched is a much better word,...devoured by the mob,...we didn't even get to see if he floats,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...yes,..lynched is a much better word,...devoured by the mob,...we didn't even get to see if he floats,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well - maybe. Keep an eye on his feedback...

grading is subjective 893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gifscrewy.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

..the man was unscrupulous and apparently ill-tempered at worst,..in other words,..your typical old school comic dealer,..no better nor worse,...you guys made him out to be the Green River Killer,...

Yea, I would say mugged is the appropriate term. I personally love the collective plan to annoy the guy enough that he'll retaliate and get kicked out of the board he was invited onto.

From an entertainment perspective, I love how hostile this board is. It's one of the few reasons I keep coming back to read posts.

But sheesh, it sure is hard to make friends around here....

I love how hostile this board is.

We're all one big happy family. Whatcha' talkin' about? If you like comics we all like you and want to be your friend

flowerred.gif.

And, even if you don't like comics we.....

....never mind. 893censored-thumb.gif

Not that hard. As long as you don't violate the cardinal sin..... selling NM comics on eBay that are actually VF or lower. That and shill bidding will make you many enemies.

Not that hard. As long as you don't violate the cardinal sin..... selling NM comics on eBay that are actually VF or lower. That and shill bidding will make you many enemies.

...pressing and trimming is cool though right?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm pretty sure he's a floater. thumbsup2.gif

...pressing and trimming is cool though right?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

After over-grading and undisclosed restro work there is also the matter of shipping overcharge.

That will get the guys with the pitchforks and torches out of their beds at night too.

smile.gif